Lavender Tang

hwcheong

Hi, I have a lavender tang for a month.

It only eat henry food and nori. I wonder how much should I feed everyday? I only feed once a day, and put a slice of nori into the tank? other tank I am not worry as they all take lettuce except this. So I wonder once per feed with henry food is enough? I dun feed much as afraid will overfeed.

Actually most marine fishes feeds continuously throughout the day, this is because in nature the competition is tough, all scraps of food is not wasted and converted to energy almost immediately. ;)

However, in capitivity it is not possible to provide the same condition as mother nature has provided. :(

Although tangs also feeds throughout the day, most of them are able to adapt and thrive with 2 feeds per day. They are still bros that feeds 3-4 times per day using auto-feeder. ;)

For me, I try to simulate nature by providing small but frequent feeds daily especially during dusk and dawn. :D

As long as they are not losing mass and especially the area behind the eyes are not sunken, you can be sure that it is doing fine. ;)

Henry's food is a great to natural source to supplement synthethic pellets for the better health of your fishes. :D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381