Naso not eating

Hi,

I have my Naso for 2 weeks, initial 2 days refuse to eat and start from 3rd day I manage to feed it with brine shrimp and pallet and it eat like pig after that. But yesterday it stop eating again. What I did is water change one day before... will it cause any problem? Other tang still eat like pig except Naso....

Anyone can advice?

• SRC Member

Bro, maybe your fish have fungus already. Happen to my blue tang once and did not manage to save it :cry2: but maybe you have better luck. Try to quanrantine your naso treat it some copper remedy for the fungus. Then for the not eating part get the appetite stimulant. Hope that this helps.

Regards

Bro, maybe your fish have fungus already. Happen to my blue tang once and did not manage to save it :cry2: but maybe you have better luck. Try to quanrantine your naso treat it some copper remedy for the fungus. Then for the not eating part get the appetite stimulant. Hope that this helps.

Regards

what kind of copper remedy? any suggestion?

• SRC Member

If quarantine is a problem because of catching purpose then you can use aquapharm ich cure which will also help to cure gill infection and alot of other stuff. Copper remedy which I have tried is Aquamed but you use must be very very careful not to over dose. Calculation for these remedies is as follow L X B X H / 1000 = amount of water in the tank / recommended dosage per gallon. Cross your finger and hope that the sun will shine bright for you the next day.

Prec - yes

hwcheong - you could try some purple seaweed. In my experience once they stop eating for what ever reason, they tend to go downhill very quickly.

Good luck

I tried also, but it refuse to eat. Also Henry's food, it just dun eat.. it's mouth keep open and close but didn't eat anything... 3 days already didn't eat anything...

If quarantine is a problem because of catching purpose then you can use aquapharm ich cure which will also help to cure gill infection and alot of other stuff. Copper remedy which I have tried is Aquamed but you use must be very very careful not to over dose. Calculation for these remedies is as follow L X B X H / 1000 = amount of water in the tank / recommended dosage per gallon. Cross your finger and hope that the sun will shine bright for you the next day.

Hi,

I don't have a quarantine tank, but for standard 4 feet tank, how much do you think I shd dose the aquapharm ich cure ? I dare not follow the instruction as if base on the instruction I need to dose quite a lot.... afraid will cause problem to other LS.

thanks

• SRC Member
I don't have a quarantine tank, but for standard 4 feet tank, how much do you think I shd dose the aquapharm ich cure ? I dare not follow the instruction as if base on the instruction I need to dose quite a lot.... afraid will cause problem to other LS.

thanks

Maybe you can try adding half the amount suggested so as not to stress other livestock, but you must remove those invertebrates mentioned. Get the appetite stimulant also to make your naso hungry. I'll be crossing my fingers for you bro. Good luck. :D