Regal Angel

• SRC Member

Had a regal once. Managed to get it to feed on chooped prawn meat. Lasted only abt 6 mths b4 ich sent it to that big ocean in the sky. Need to maintain very gd water. I think its easier to keep majestic

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

i do try before, it take time to train for eating .

i use tetrabits and spectrum ( maker : newlife )

keep at 2' QT tank with a pcs of LR and a clown fish .

i just continue using this 2 type of fish food. for the first few days she never eat. i just let the food sink at bottom. but few days later i notice that the fish food sink at bottom r missing. and i just continue do this action. few days later she start eating directly when i put in the fish food :D

for the begining stage u can try put some macro algae ( look like grape shape ) she will eat the grape ,maybe this action also can help to make her start eating more easy :P

ps: i heard somebody commend that better to choice the regal angel <4" aboyt 3" is better , more easy to start eating :lol:

my regal angel r about 4.5 " it total take about 1 week plus only start eating :D

ps: but finaly due to my tank water quality ( i think due to i just start my QT and only cycle by a clownfish (2" ). >> can not support regal (4.5" ) ) she was sick and finaly sayonara. :angel:

i keep her about 3~4 months :cry:

post-8-1063081830.jpg

i do try before, it take time to train for eating .

i use tetrabits and spectrum ( maker : newlife )

keep at 2' QT tank with a pcs of LR and a clown fish .

i just continue using this 2 type of fish food. for the first few days she never eat. i just let the food sink at bottom. but few days later i notice that the fish food sink at bottom r missing. and i just continue do this action. few days later she start eating directly when i put in the fish food :D

for the begining stage u can try put some macro algae ( look like grape shape ) she will eat the grape ,maybe this action also can help to make her start eating more easy :P

ps: i heard somebody commend that better to choice the regal angel <4" aboyt 3" is better , more easy to start eating :lol:

my regal angel r about 4.5 " it total take about 1 week plus only start eating :D

ps: but finaly due to my tank water quality ( i think due to i just start my QT and only cycle by a clownfish (2" ). >> can not support regal (4.5" ) ) she was sick and finaly sayonara. :angel:

i keep her about 3~4 months :cry:

Hey nice regal

Had a regal once. Managed to get it to feed on chooped prawn meat. Lasted only abt 6 mths b4 ich sent it to that big ocean in the sky. Need to maintain very gd water. I think its easier to keep majestic

my regal also got itch before... but after my treatment now it is has not got itch even when there is a outspread .... i think it has got immune from itch.....

• SRC Member
i have 1 regal angel.. find it very easy to keep........ accept most type of food.

Some farms sell regal angel at very very low price........ (less than 20)

Regal at low low price ???? Yellow base ???? where ?? going to get one more...... :phone::phone:

• SRC Member
Regal

i bought it at penang ( koay Ent near BJ court ) :D

RM 65 :P

sorry i had confuse that r u from penang ??

jason

" my regal also got itch before... but after my treatment .......... "

can u tell me how u do the treatment ? :D

i heard that regal r sensitive with medicine ???

Sorry . I'm not from Penang ... But my father from Penang..... :upsidedown::upsidedown:

U mean bring the Regal Angel Penang ???? Which Not problem from the Custom side......

Regal

i bought it at penang ( koay Ent near BJ court ) :D

RM 65 :P

sorry i had confuse that r u from penang ??

jason

" my regal also got itch before... but after my treatment .......... "

can u tell me how u do the treatment ? :D

i heard that regal r sensitive with medicine ???

i keep my regal in my over flow compartment (big enough for it)........ then catch it out everyday and did with freshwater (plus garlic) for about 3 mins; when the white spot is gone (around 1 week) i will keep the regal in mine overflow compartment under montoring for another 1 week then if there is no white spot, release it into the main tank........... so far........ my regal angel, purple tang has no white spot even new acquire fish got white spot....... now I am treating my powder blue.......... looks good........

i did not have any predefine portion of garlic. I just get 1 or 2 piece of garlic , smash them, put the smash garlic into freshwater then dip the fish into it........

My powder blue has white spot under control.... seems getting better..... for my powder blue i dip for around 5 mins........

saw lots of regal angel an Pac Marine