Planning a trip to manado

huanjie

• SRC Member

planning to go for a trip in manado, but cannot decide how to divide the time between “Bunaken National Park” and “Lembeh Straits”, we got eight days...

anyone been there before ? can share your view ? thanks !

• SRC Member

who you diving with ? I mean which resort... if you are staying over at the west coast, lembeh will be about 2hrs transfer.. from your resort

for 8 days, technically you will have 6 days of diving. Spend 1 day in lembeh, normally you will have 2 dives there if got time 3 dives and need to come back to resort before the sunset.. ya it gets dark from 5pm onwards.

the rest of the trip can spend exploring bunaken. There's alot to see... but if you like lembeh that much, can ask your resort to go back lembeh again the next day... just pay the transfer fee lor.. i think about USD20-30....

and trust me after u dive manado... no more malaysia :P or ratherr, you will those weekend trip boring ....

btw, when you going ? i will be there from 18-25 june :D

• SRC Member

Have not book any resort yet, any reccomendation ? :yeah:

You would say stay on the west coast and make day trip to lembeh would be an option ?

Yeah lor, after last year sipadan trip, and the trip to Kuantan is sigh.... :lol:

Thanks ! :thanks:

• SRC Member

If you love macro, I would recommend spending 3 days at Lembeh.

Personally, I have been to Manado twice and have only done 2 dives at Lembeh. I seen so much macro in Lembeh that I regret not spending more time there. Pygmy seahorse, blue ring octopus (not guaranteed), mimic octopus (not guaranteed), frog fish, shrimps, etc. Visibility is only max at 10m.

In Bunaken, the visibility is very good (at least 25m). You will see big fishes, turtles, lobsters and thats about it. Every dive will be about the same except that once in a while you will see white or black tip sharks. I would recommend going to Barrucada Point (a bit far but will see barrucada and jack formation if you are lucky) and Molas wreck (may see Manta Ray).

If you choose to spend more time at Bunaken side, spend more time at the house reefs.

I went with Big Bubble and stayed at Barracuda dive resort the last time.

• SRC Member
Thank you dradtg, :)

guess will try to plan at least one nights at lembeh...

how is barracuda dive resort ? is it more 'dive' or 'resort' :P

:thanks:

I will staying there come 18 june.. let you know then ? :lol: think shld be more dive la.. its near to bunaken compared to tasik ria....

btw, i saw a mimic last year which was my first time there... haha... speaking of luck...

• SRC Member
Thank you dradtg, :)

guess will try to plan at least one nights at lembeh...

how is barracuda dive resort ? is it more 'dive' or 'resort' :P

:thanks:

Dont be fooled by the run down looking entrance.

It is made up of many chalet like houses (2 to a room) with your own poach. The only complain I had is crab, fish, prawn and octopus for every meal.

The dive master is very easy going. You can ask him to go Barracuda point which is much further than Bunaken.

• SRC Member
The only complain I had is crab, fish, prawn and octopus for every meal.

<_<<_< eat like that still complain.... <_<<_<:eyeblur:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

I will staying there come 18 june.. let you know then ? :lol: think shld be more dive la.. its near to bunaken compared to tasik ria....

btw, i saw a mimic last year which was my first time there... haha... speaking of luck...

hi nLeong,

Please do let me know, I wait for your posts till I make the booking, :lol:

plan to go most probably in August