Which pump for aquaC ev120?

HypoC

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

Wonder if previous users of aquaC 120 can give me some help. :)

I have a nano 1.5ft and my setup really just uses a pump to draw water from main tank to skimmer. Then the water out from the aquaC will go to a stand-beside sump and then the water overflows from the sump back to main tank.

My problem is I need a strong enough pump to fire up the aquaC but at the same time the flow rate cannot be too high or the overflow pipe of my sump cannot handle and the sump will flood my room. As my nano tank is small too i really need an external pump to give me more space.

Wonder if anyone can give me suggestions on wat pump n model to use? :blink:

aquaC120 recommended flowrate from the manual is 2000L/hr. Also hope the wattage of the pump won't be high...

So 1) External pump

2) Flowrate ard 2000-3000 L

3) Low wattage

Also, wat's the difference between aquabee n eheim ah? :erm:

Thanks!! :thanks:

I'm using a Sicce Extrema for my EV120. Flow should be 2500 l/hr at 0m head for this pump. So far so good. Pump is silent and working without problems. If you are not in favour of Sicce, can try for Eheim 1260.

Not too sure if this pump is too much for your tank. You can try using a bigger diameter overflow pipe to cater for the flow. Worse case, use another skimmer!

I don't think you should use a smaller pump. It will result in under-utilisation of the AquaC.

Regards

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be, be one.

Marcus Aurelius