4ft tall twin beckett skimmer

jkleejk

recently i just received my long waited 4ft tall twin beckett skimmer with made by Ocean Werx. it is power by twin md55 or single mx100..but for the time being only one resun md55.

the body is devided by 3 section, collection cup, center & bottom. body size is diameter 8". it rated can handled up to 4200liter/1100gals !!! (if both nozzle fired).

the quality of work is top class. i like it so much coz all is 80% made from clear acrylic so i can see all bubbles in action. what i like best is that ocean werx has includes the acrylic/pvc welding at various areas to reinforce the structure furture so i can has good sleep every nite w/out worry bout the leakage. all the pvc parts also are polish finishing & made in USA!!!.

ok, pix can speak a thousand words...so enjoy!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check out the bubbles at the bottom body section ..all those piping are 100% acrylic..include the water outlet elbow & water inlet elbow...one word...CHIO!!!! love it man.. :lol:

pls note that the joint between the body & base oso is welded..& it is applied to the water outlet & inlet joint too!!! :P

post-14-1125279907.jpg

• SRC Member

You want more mud? feed more lor.. feed 4-5x a day with very dirty foods and confirm your skimmer is even more 'powerful'.

Judge the 'power' of the skimmer by the water quality in your tank and not the amount of skimmate. IMHO, thats a more significant way of measuring the performance. My 2cents! :)

You want more mud? feed more lor.. feed 4-5x a day with very dirty foods and confirm your skimmer is even more 'powerful'.

Judge the 'power' of the skimmer by the water quality in your tank and not the amount of skimmate. IMHO, thats a more significant way of measuring the performance. My 2cents! :)

bro i do agree wif u...skimmate form is different from tank to tank...by the way what is the ultimate way to judge the skimmer perfomance?? the air flow measurement?

• SRC Member

bro i do agree wif u...skimmate form is different from tank to tank...by the way what is the ultimate way to judge the skimmer perfomance?? the air flow measurement?

Not really. A good skimmer will keep your tank water quality/conditions pristine. Its not a matter of how much air, how tall, how wide. If your water quality is good enuff then the skimmer is good enuff. Simple.

Also another good way to judge a skimmer's abilities is by feeding more. If you can feed a lot of nasty nutritional stuff to your tank but the water quality does not waver, dats an excellent skimmer.

Its also about balance, having 2000L/hr of air and 6000L/hr of water injected into a 6 inch body aint gonna do too much good cos of the turbulence created etc etc. Just an example.

Not really. A good skimmer will keep your tank water quality/conditions pristine. Its not a matter of how much air, how tall, how wide. If your water quality is good enuff then the skimmer is good enuff. Simple.

Also another good way to judge a skimmer's abilities is by feeding more. If you can feed a lot of nasty nutritional stuff to your tank but the water quality does not waver, dats an excellent skimmer.

Its also about balance, having 2000L/hr of air and 6000L/hr of water injected into a 6 inch body aint gonna do too much good cos of the turbulence created etc etc. Just an example.

ok..i understand ur meaning here..thanx lots..anyway this baby is meant for my new 6footer..hope it can handle the bioload.. :rolleyes: