My nano 24g cube

Marinesavy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look clean and neat.

but i think ur rocks are a bit hairy. maybe snails?

ur scaping look good with the caves and mini hideout.

share ur water parameter with us ?? :peace:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

not snails, they aren't any... the live rock start glowing it.. like thin glass to me.

oh i mean u can buy some turbo snail to control the hairy algae on the rocks. :peace:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

:) thank for the comment. Well, you know where can i get snails ?

snails are readily available in everywhere . i stay in the northeast. normally i go pasir ris fish farm and Aquamarine.

:)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

me stayed northeast too... i went to aquarmarin yeserday... didn't see any snails. Pasir ris farm went last weekend... didn't come in my mind of getting any snails, but manage to get a boxer shrimp and a green and white feather worms.

sengkang?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

bro, i suggest you re-do your rocks when you setup the chiller.

you should put rock 1st then followed by sand for a nano setup (even for a big tank, it's recommended).

there's a higher risk of falling rocks due to sand movement if the sand went in 1st with the rocks stacked on top.

rocks hitting the sides of the nanocube will risk scratching it or worse.. cracking the glass.

also when adding snails/hermits, they tend to knock things over as they move along the rockwork. so better to make sure your rock structure can take this "abuse". some folks epoxy/glue several pcs of rock together to form the structure they want before putting into the tank.

real sturdy and less worry :)

Hi Melvin, thank for the advice... never have thought of that.

Well... is there other way to do so other than rearranging the rock, cause will create sand storm if i tend to move the rock too much and has heard peoples moving the rocks around and the next day, fishes died because of high sudden nitrate from the sand ?

Hi Melvin, thank for the advice... never have thought of that.

Well... is there other way to do so other than rearranging the rock, cause will create sand storm if i tend to move the rock too much and has heard peoples moving the rocks around and the next day, fishes died because of high sudden nitrate from the sand ?

from the pic, your sandbed is not too deep. and as it's still "young", the nasty stuff would not have accumulated enough to cause your tank to crash from rescaping.

your can do a rescape followed by a water change.

should be fine.

you can leave things as it is but be wary of sand digging livestock. eg pistol shrimps, certain gobies etc

make sure your rocks are stacked firmly so that hermits/snails would not be able to move them

Thanks for the advice Melvin. I think i will leave it as what it is but noted your points. By the way, how often you do a water change ? I think i will do it once every 1 and a half week.

By the way, is it necessary to feed the fish once every day ? i will be leaving to HK soon for 2 weeks from next saturday for holiday and visit my in-law and nobody will be at home since wife and daughter in HK. Alternatively every 3 days, my brother will come in and take a look on my tank and feed the fishes. Will it be ok

My current livestocks are 2 false clown, 1 boxer shimp, 1 dottyback, 2 feather worms and a mushroom. I have set the timer for the fan and the light.

Will be topping 2 to 3 litres of water in place and will put in puffer to control the PH.

I think during the 2 weeks not in singapore. maybe feeding will be done alternate 3 and 4 days once.

I will do a water change the days before i left for HK.

Over in HK, I can start to explore the fish street in Wong Kok cause heard from reefer there.. many things to see and price could be cheaper too. :)

bro, i suggest you re-do your rocks when you setup the chiller.

you should put rock 1st then followed by sand for a nano setup (even for a big tank, it's recommended).

there's a higher risk of falling rocks due to sand movement if the sand went in 1st with the rocks stacked on top.

rocks hitting the sides of the nanocube will risk scratching it or worse.. cracking the glass.

also when adding snails/hermits, they tend to knock things over as they move along the rockwork. so better to make sure your rock structure can take this "abuse". some folks epoxy/glue several pcs of rock together to form the structure they want before putting into the tank.

real sturdy and less worry :)

I jus started to set up my tank few days back. but i have put sand before the LR.

Is it ok if i jus push the LR depper into the sand?? :huh: thanks in advance. :)

• 2 weeks later...

sol,... i should have putting the live rock and follow the sand.. now, i will have to keep my rock firm with each other and make sure it doesn't fall off that easily...

now in Hong Kong, weather is cold.... but good for me, went to Mong Kok the fish street... many accessories, fishes, live rock to see and shop especially with so many shop.

I bought some stuffs already, i very happy to get the cabinet stand for my 24g jbj cube which i couldn't get it from Singapore since they only carry the "S" stand not the Cabinet Stand... Here they have the cabinet stand although they do not have the jbj cube... but have another model same size as the jbj cube.

i bought the cabinet stand for HK$220, around S$48. :)

Salt... also cheap too, Corallife 6.6 kg, i bought in Singapore for S$23, here sell HK$88 (S$19).

also bought a Coralife Deep Six Hydrometer for HK$35 (S$7.6) saw in Aquamarin selling S$19.

going to shop for more when i go there next week.

• 4 weeks later...