my 3ft

godzillaliu88

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there any chemical that can be used to reduce calcium n PO4?

Err... since when high Calcium a problem? I've been trying very hard to keep my calcium to the right level... although high calcium can also affect pH (I heard). If ur pH is ok, then calcium is not the culprit. Phosphate perhaps... u using any test kit? Share with us ur readings... u can try to use Rowaphos or other equivalent products. Rowaphos Sponge is very costly, u gonna need a lot for ur tank. U got a phosphate reductor gadget? I am thinking of getting one for my new tank.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

no PO4 reactor. i think it's expensive rite?

for my tank, i've got alot of restrictions. my parents lo.

n my dad, this no need, that no need. he thinks tat he's older so know more abt keepin fishes. he knows nuts abt it. i say i need a chiller. no need. for wad...

my PH is ok...

no PO4 reactor. i think it's expensive rite?

for my tank, i've got alot of restrictions. my parents lo.

n my dad, this no need, that no need. he thinks tat he's older so know more abt keepin fishes. he knows nuts abt it. i say i need a chiller. no need. for wad...

my PH is ok...

The Aqua Medic Aqualine phosphate filter costs $129.00. It will take water from any running hose, so no need additional pump. May need a "T" intersection though. Just bought mine from RDepot. At least I don't have to dump in bags of RowaPhos anymore.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
can i put RowaPhos in to cannister?

Hrmz, yes...you can put Rowa in your cannister filter, thats what im doing now, the down point is that using rowa in a cannister will never be as good as running it in a dedicated FR. If your tank has the space, i'll seriously recommand you to get 1, its a good piece of equipment. Check the pasar malam section, think i saw 1 reefer selling his for aroung $50 with some media as well, good steal. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

saw ur mush on e seabed...suggest u placed it ,higher...nearer to e lights...

i used to have almost e same setup as u...then i finally settle dn w a sump and better skimmer...but that means more watts (more pumps for ur sump) as for e stars...if too long, change location a bit and see any difference...as for the ane...be real careful...they are time-bombs :evil::evil: ..as for ur lights...i used a timer for both my lights and fan....afternoon for a few hrs and nite for another abt 2 hrs for my personal viewing when i reach home :D ....

cheers and happy reefing....

Henry Tan

Sembawang

3x1.5x1.5 2.5x1x1.5

LS

1xfire clown/ 1xyellow boxer

1xpercular/ 1xcoral beauty

1xboxer/ 2xfire shrimps

1xcoral beauty/ 2xfalse clowns

2xhawk fish/ 1xane crab

1xyellow tail damsel/ 2xcleaners

3xturbo snails

2xhermits

1xtomato clown

Set up.....

Sump - Done

DIY Cabinet - Done

DIY Overflow Pipe - Done

u have pic of it?

will Chaeto help?

Bro u can go to my Percula 90 thread later... will post it since I received it from RD this afternoon. One thing however... I heard from LFS that the this kinda equipment normally create a lot of resistance to water flow... so might need to use a strong pump (say around 1500l/h to 2000l/h), probably a canister is not sufficient... so 1 extra pump = energy + heat.

Putting Rowaphos in canister is a good and quick way to get the Phosphates in control... nothing wrong with this method. Of course if u hv the money, can invest in an equipment solely for this purpose.

UV... em... not sure leh... all I know is it kills harmful bacteria and reduce parasites harmful to fishes... remove nutrients? Can't comment...

Chaeto yes, but u might need lots of them to do the job (literally lots of them!!!)... so I'm thinking of abandoning my Chaetos, get a piece of equipment instead.

As suggested by bro Qxnviolet... check out Pasar Malam all the time... I think I saw that ad too.

Good luck :angel:

• SRC Member

die die die. this time die. :ooh:

all my 3 tangs disappeared. gone. fanished. :blink:

im not sure for wad reason.

my brown tang was healthy. but just gone.

1st was sailfin, then blue, ytd brown.

any bros sis out there know wad happened?

could they be attacked or something like tat?

alien adduction? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Bro ... think you should check all your paras.... think your corals not doing so well.. :P have your paras right and all your LS will be happy :lol:

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• 5 months later...
  • SRC Member
die die die. this time die. :ooh:

all my 3 tangs disappeared. gone. fanished. :blink:

im not sure for wad reason.

my brown tang was healthy. but just gone.

1st was sailfin, then blue, ytd brown.

any bros sis out there know wad happened?

could they be attacked or something like tat?

alien adduction? :blink:

hi everyone. just wanna tell all. i think my tangs were eaten/beaten by the other aggressive damsel.

thinking back. they always get chased around. the blue tang kept hiding. and didnt eat. cause 1 of the damsel just dont like the blue tang.

when i closed down. i cleared the sand bed. there were fish bones on the bed.

i think those were the left overs of my poor tangs.

• SRC Member

hi everyone. just wanna tell all. i think my tangs were eaten/beaten by the other aggressive damsel.

thinking back. they always get chased around. the blue tang kept hiding. and didnt eat. cause 1 of the damsel just dont like the blue tang.

when i closed down. i cleared the sand bed. there were fish bones on the bed.

i think those were the left overs of my poor tangs.

Damsel usually frighten tangs but dun think they will kill.

• SRC Member

they bite the tang. there were wholes on the fins.

if they wont kill them. then how did the bones came about?

there was no bad smell from the tank water. the tangs just disappeared

over night some how.

there were no crabs. maybe a few bristtle worms.

the brown tang was really healthy. eating and all. the color was good too.