M&M's Tank

Altantis

• SRC Member

Anyone using the mV controller with Nitratereductor? :angel:

Recommended to use with the Filter for optimum control:

mV controller

Redox-potential (ORP) monitor and controller

AMmvcontroller2001c.jpg

The mV Controller 2001 C is designed for monitoring and controlling the redox-potential (or ORP, oxidation-reduction-potential) in aquaria. The unit has a broad controlling range from a -500 to a +500 mV and a measuring range from -1000 to +1000 mV. It can be used to control the supply of ozone in salt water aquaria and/or for the control of the nitrate removal in anaerobic biological filters (Aqua Medic Nitratereductor). The unit is supplied with a BNC connection for the mV probe. The use of an original Aqua Medic plastic shafted electrode is recommended.

Further information for this product>>

AM_mV_Contoller_for_Nitratereductor.pdf

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone using the mV controller with Nitratereductor? :angel:

Recommended to use with the Filter for optimum control:

mV controller

Redox-potential (ORP) monitor and controller

The mV Controller 2001 C is designed for monitoring and controlling the redox-potential (or ORP, oxidation-reduction-potential) in aquaria. The unit has a broad controlling range from a -500 to a +500 mV and a measuring range from -1000 to +1000 mV. It can be used to control the supply of ozone in salt water aquaria and/or for the control of the nitrate removal in anaerobic biological filters (Aqua Medic Nitratereductor). The unit is supplied with a BNC connection for the mV probe. The use of an original Aqua Medic plastic shafted electrode is recommended.

Further information for this product>>

Who did you talk to? Omg... whoever you talk to is going to pull your arms and legs off you... the LFS I talked to ask me not to waste money... that controller itself is 2 times more expensive than the NR400 and it will take constant maintenance, the probe is damn expensive!!!

But if you really wanna get it, great! Do a review on it... I might need it later, but now, I shall focus on other necessities :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Dosing pump for Nitratereductor:

SP 3000

Peristaltic pump for all bypass filters and for dosing of trace elements

AMsp3000.jpg

The SP 3000 dosing pump is an economic peristaltic pump for pumping small volumes of water. It is used with all bypass filters like the Nitratreductor and the Calciumreactor, but also to top up evaporated water combined with an aquaniveau and the Kalkwasserreactor.

A further application is the automatic dosing of fertilisers and minerals. In freshwater aquariums, the iron fertiliser ferreal can be added daily. In coral reef aquariums, the addition of calcium and trace elements (products of the Reef Life series) can be automated using the SP 3000.

The pump is supplied a long life Santoprene, hose.

technical data: SP 3000

capacity, fixed: 3 l/h (c. 0.8 gph)

max head (pressure): (10 m, c. 30 ft) 1 bar, c. 14.5 psi

Motor: Synchronous 20 rpm

power consumption: 4.5 watts

pump hose: Santoprene

AM_Dosing_pump_SP3000.pdf

Webpage LOL :D:P:lol:

Ic... it's a good to have but not a necessity. I think it is easily $750 (if I am not wrong)... totally not worth it. CH told me not needed unless I am a control freak... must know exactly what's happening inside the NR... by testing the water of the outlet (like what I did 2 days ago) is good enough to tell if the NR is working or not :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

The Dosing Pump is a good to have... you can try T-off if you do not want to invest too much on the NR. The Dosing Pump is around $250+ but u can always use it for something else next time like dosing Kalkwasser & etc.

• SRC Member

Ic... it's a good to have but not a necessity. I think it is easily $750 (if I am not wrong)... totally not worth it. CH told me not needed unless I am a control freak... must know exactly what's happening inside the NR... by testing the water of the outlet (like what I did 2 days ago) is good enough to tell if the NR is working or not :)

So you must carry out OJT for me HOI :paiseh:

P/S: Can PM me what the damage I will be expecting :pinch:

I think RD is selling the NR400 on the net. You can check it out and go bargain at their shop :lol: Dosing Pump is around $250+... and don't even have to consider the MV Controller... the cost is totally out of proportion to the whole setup.

• SRC Member
I think RD is selling the NR400 on the net. You can check it out and go bargain at their shop :lol: Dosing Pump is around $250+... and don't even have to consider the MV Controller... the cost is totally out of proportion to the whole setup.

RD? They only got Deltec and the lowest range is Deltec - NF 509. :unsure:

Sorry Bro Jervis, u mentioned something like the speed need to be as slow as 1 l/h but SP 3000 is fix dosing at 3?

RD? They only got Deltec and the lowest range is Deltec - NF 509. :unsure:

Sorry Bro Jervis, u mentioned something like the speed need to be as slow as 1 l/h but SP 3000 is fix dosing at 3?

Sorry... it's at Fish N Friends

http://www.fishnfriends.com/FishSpecies/accessories/

I still need to rely of a little "adjuster" to reduce the 3g/h flow to 1g/h (as shown in the pix). I find 1g/h (roughly 1 drop of water per second) too little and slow, I increased it a little to 1.5g/h.

post-34-1147539567.jpg

• SRC Member
Sorry... it's at Fish N Friends

http://www.fishnfriends.com/FishSpecies/accessories/

I still need to rely of a little "adjuster" to reduce the 3g/h flow to 1g/h (as shown in the pix). I find 1g/h (roughly 1 drop of water per second) too little and slow, I increased it a little to 1.5g/h.

It's OK :lol:

Another DIY adjustment :P

Once again my distraction session...pix of Tunze Magnet (Purchased on the 1st visit but only use since 12May)

20060513-TunzeMagnetPackage.jpg

20060513-TunzeMagnetUserGuide.jpg

20060513-TunzeMagnet.jpg

Hehe I'm using one too! Great product. Make sure you attach the string and always hold ur string while sliding left to right. Coz without the string, sometimes the magnet can drop and damage ur corals below. And be careful when u go near the sand bed, do not let any sand trapped between the magnets... or else you will have beautiful lines on your beautiful glass :P

Another DIY adjustment :P

That adjuster came with the NR. Actually, since you will have to use the adjuster in the end... you may want to consider connecting it to an existing pump (T-off). The extra Dosing pump will cost a lot and add heat to the tank... you can always buy the NR first, try the T-off option, if not happy then buy the Dosing Pump :)

• SRC Member
Hehe I'm using one too! Great product

I knew that :P

And be careful when u go near the sand bed, do not let any sand trapped between the magnets... or else you will have beautiful lines on your beautiful glass

Wow then new tank design <_<

That adjuster came with the NR. Actually, since you will have to use the adjuster in the end... you may want to consider connecting it to an existing pump (T-off). The extra Dosing pump will cost a lot and add heat to the tank... you can always buy the NR first, try the T-off option, if not happy then buy the Dosing Pump 

Will think about my T-off first :idea:

Thanks for all your advise :thanks:

• SRC Member

:cry2: I cannot add LS... AM again got shipment from MALDIVES on 13 MAY

I miss her (my leapord wrasse).

20060513-LEOPARDWRASSEFEMALE.jpg

Under Collector's Corner of liveaquaria.com

Blue Star Leopard Wrasse

(Macropharyngodon bipartitus)

The Blue Star Leopard Wrasse, also known as the Vermiculite Wrasse, or Divided Wrasse, has a distinct color pattern. It is a combination of mottled oranges, yellows, and browns, with light blue spots found throughout the pattern.

The Blue Star Leopard Wrasse is difficult to keep because of its eating habits, relying on small invertebrates (foraminiferans and amphipods). When first introduced into the aquarium, live saltwater feeder shrimp should be used to entice this fish to eat. It needs a 50 gallon or larger aquarium with well established live rock. It also requires a layer of live sand, with other peaceful tank mates. They will do best when introduced in groups of three or more.

The diet should be supplemented with live feeder shrimp and worms.

Quick Stats

Minimum Tank Size: 50 gallons

Care Level: Expert Only

Tank Conditions: 72-78°F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4; dKH 8-12

Max. Size In Aquarium: Up to 5"

Color Form: Blue, Brown, Light Green, Orange, Yellow

Temperament: Peaceful

Reef Compatible: Yes

Diet: Carnivore

Compatibility: View Chart

Origin: Africa

Family: Labridae

Nite bro... I am so proud of you... restraining yourself from buying more LS... get ur water fixed then we go LFS shopping together... can't pass you Zoos coz my tank is under attack by Ich right now... dun wanna transfer stuff over <_<

• SRC Member

Continue on more research on equipment for controling NO3.

There is another similar piece of equipment from Aqua Medic.

Anyone can advise which DeNitrator is better :pinch:

1) Aqua Medic Nitratereductor 400

2) Aqua Medic Schwefelnitratreduktor SN 400

Schwefelnitratreduktor SN 400

Nitratereductor with sulphur beads

AMschwefelnitratreductor400.jpg

The construction of the Sulphur Nitratereductor 400 is technically almost identical to the Nitratreductor 400. It contains a circulation pump, that circulates the water through the sulphur beads and the Hydrocarbonate. Otherwise, than the known Nitratereductor, the Sulphur Nitratereductor uses special bacteria, that use sulphur as energy source to remove nitrate. As a by product, sulphuric acid is produced, that is neutralised by the Hydrocarbonate in the filter. The Sulphur Nitratereductor is recommended for aquariums up to 400 l.

• SRC Member
:cry2: I cannot add LS... AM again got shipment from MALDIVES on 13 MAY

I miss her (my leapord wrasse).

20060513-LEOPARDWRASSEFEMALE.jpg

Under Collector's Corner of liveaquaria.com

Blue Star Leopard Wrasse

(Macropharyngodon bipartitus)

The Blue Star Leopard Wrasse, also known as the Vermiculite Wrasse, or Divided Wrasse, has a distinct color pattern. It is a combination of mottled oranges, yellows, and browns, with light blue spots found throughout the pattern.

The Blue Star Leopard Wrasse is difficult to keep because of its eating habits, relying on small invertebrates (foraminiferans and amphipods). When first introduced into the aquarium, live saltwater feeder shrimp should be used to entice this fish to eat. It needs a 50 gallon or larger aquarium with well established live rock. It also requires a layer of live sand, with other peaceful tank mates. They will do best when introduced in groups of three or more.

The diet should be supplemented with live feeder shrimp and worms.

Quick Stats

Minimum Tank Size: 50 gallons

Care Level: Expert Only

Tank Conditions: 72-78°F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4; dKH 8-12

Max. Size In Aquarium: Up to 5"

Color Form: Blue, Brown, Light Green, Orange, Yellow

Temperament: Peaceful

Reef Compatible: Yes

Diet: Carnivore

Compatibility: View Chart

Origin: Africa

Family: Labridae

LoL....itching to get another one? :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Was at AM just now... still got a few pieces left... but don't kill it lah! ;)

Good that you are also exploring other means of exporting NO3... yes, I heard the Sulphur based reactors are more effective (more potent). Perhaps you wanna PM MelvynTan and ask him about this product as I discussed with him before... do tell him your restrictions or else he will suggest you one of those big reactors :)

Personally, I think the Sulphur is worth leraning more about... coz at least, I can learn from your experience too :)

• SRC Member

Wat time were u there Jervis bro? I was there at abt 12-1pm... during the downpour :D

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• SRC Member
Wat time were u there Jervis bro? I was there at abt 12-1pm... during the downpour :D

I wasn't there. Only Jervis.

Btw bro dkk08... R u using any equipment to control NO3 :paiseh:

• SRC Member

I suspect my Leather Corals are not very healthy, but unsure which is deading off as they something also contact smaller :(

1) Leather Coral No.1, Sharing LR with a piece of Yuma (I think it a Orange Spotted Ricordea)

20060514-LeatherNotGood1.jpg

2) Leather Coral No.2, Finger Type (already detached the another 5 branches due to the Leather coral seem to start to turn pare brown with purple)

20060514-LeatherNotGood2.jpg

3) Leather Coral No.3, the bigger of all 3, the clown seem to be flaten

20060514-LeatherNotGood3.jpg

Help to identify :sick: please :thanks: