dispar anthais having some skin problem

• SRC Member

hi, i have a pair of dispar anthais they have been with me for about 5 days now ... both of them are having some skin problems.. both are happily swimming around but there are small translucent specks on their body.. its not white spot for sure... i cant identify wat it is ...

please advice thanks !

• SRC Member

if fowlr do a blackout for until the fishes are ok

just turn on the lights during feeding time

feed with garlic soaked food.

if got corals do blackout for max 48hrs-72hrs

same thing, on lights when feeding and feed garlic soaked food.

dun bother yourself with those medications. they dun work in my very honest opinion.

and if your fish happens to be very skinny or passing out white shit, i suggest u dun go bak again

its common for cyanide caught fishes to end up with a fate like your dispars...but if they were not cyanide caught, then sth is very wrong with your water or your acclimitisation technique

• SRC Member

thanks for the advice.

both of my anthais arent taking pellets ... i feed them frozen brine shrimps. anyway one of them didnt make it in the QT .. the other one i put it back in the main tank already doubt it will make it thought the night. my other fishes are ok though.

thanks again

• SRC Member

the remaining anthais has one side of this body covered in some slimy stuff ... the other side is clear though ... think its a goner. can anyone identify this illness ? or it is because its a cynide caught fish ?

i have 4 common clowns, a sail fin tang and a blue damsel.. all are doing fine

• SRC Member

probably marine velvet? post a pic. very hard to tell without one

cyanide caught will result in a weaker fish

it wun cause a disease per se but it would weaken the fish a pt where its immune system is too weak

think of it as putting super spicy stuff in your food and you get a sore throat. its not the chilli's fault, more of chilli irritated u so much that u got a sore throat

• SRC Member

ok haiz... so sad .. anyways the fins on that guy is "rotting" and the left eye is covered in some slime... doubt it will make it through the night.

are anthais that hard to rare ?

here is a pic of the fish

post-21-1148727944.jpg

• SRC Member

some anthias are super tough

some are easier

barlett, blue eyes, dispar are the easier ones

just need to feed more more often

i seriously think your fish wasn't sick due to your care for it since the other fishes are fine

i am thinking of cyanide catch

where did u get it from? pm me