Cam Recorder

junyong84

• SRC Member

Hey guys,

I am thinking of getting a cam recorder, those that use DVD as the recording "tape". Erm, does all cam recorder support tripods?

Do you guys have any to recommend? Was looking @ the advertisments in the straits times today and saw this new cam recorder from canon... wonder if its good...

Thanks for the help!

• SRC Member

i just bought a jvc hdd one.

that means it records on a 30Gb harddisk. it also supports SD card expansion so if your digi cam uses that kinda card its soooo convenient.

the best thing i like about it is that its the lightest and it has light infront to light up dim places for recording.

it features 1mp ccd.

personally i think hdd is better cos it offers editing and u dun haf to bring extra dvd around when u travel for long journeys etc...not sure if the dvd one has that.

just bought it yesterday and my dad took it to taiwan with him so i haven't played around with it enough to tell u more...so sorry! :D

• SRC Member

haha, thanks dude...

those terms u used...i dun really get wat u mean laa...

wats CCD? lol...

anw... harddisk..will it last...coz lyk u play n rewind...re-record...it kinda spoils the thing rite...

okie...i m lyk newbie in this area...hha

• SRC Member

bro, if u rewind play and re-record will spoil hard-disk then your computer loooong gone cos u also alwaes delete copy and paste and delete files tio bo???

ccd is the chip inside the camera. its sort of like the recording film.

aniwae, dun rush into getting equipment, its very ex and make sure u know wat u buying.

now singapore sale ma although elec items discount not much but there's a whole lot of advertisements. todays paper featured quite a few camcorders...from jvc to sony to panasonic.

and sorry but i think mine features 2mp, not 1...lol

aniwae megapixels is not as important as the lens itself. lens will make or break it since its the very first thing that light passes thru. if lens no good, image no good. so do make a wise selection

• SRC Member

oh ya, mine also said sth about 3ccd but didn't pay attention to it until yus75 said it.

lol paiseh

i dunno if can defrag anot, its with my daddy in taiwan now... -_-

must wait till it comes bak then i get to play with it.

the 30gb if i never remember wrongly its 14hrs of video. (its either this or its 14hrs of batt life, can't remember :P)

• SRC Member

mayb u shld into the lens quality n the 3ccd, n mayb mp.....technologically 3ccd is much better than single ccd....

here i copy n paste a basic definition of 3ccd....

3CCD is a term used to describe an imaging system employed by some video camcorders. 3CCD cameras have three separate charge-coupled devices, each one taking a separate measurement of red, green, and blue light. Light coming into the lens is split by a dichroic prism, which directs the appropriate wavelengths of light to its respective CCD.

3CCD cameras are generally regarded to provide superior image quality to cameras with only one CCD, which must use a bayer filter and interpolation to 'fill in the gaps'. They are also generally more expensive than single CCD cameras.

Industry professionals sometimes colloquially refer to 3CCD cameras as "three-chip" cameras

afterall its all depends on ur budget, n wat functions u r lookin for......diff person got diff taste right?? :P:ph34r:

• SRC Member

lol

eh frankly i no longer believe in brands after seeing my friend and my digi cam comparison

he was using canon, set at 5mp

i was using kodak at 2mp

guess wat, his cam the shot was blurer than mine...and it was the lens at work cos i paid for the lens.

so its best to do homework rather than rely on brand IMO