ATI Bubble Master

acidjazz

Bro MadMac

I am quite aware of our claims... being a little too bold and against the mainstream... those were more like conversation between 2 reefers. That is what we believe in and ATI Bubble Master 250's selling point (also BK's selling point).

In seeing a potential of a "disagreement confict"... I've decided not to post the internet links here but to PM you (those bros interested can also PM me for a "forward" copy of the PM). Knowing the trend... this will dilute bro Acidjazz's product review resulting in MOD stepping in.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally very promising looking... (for that price)

So frustrating I have to see your amazing pictures while my Bubble Master sitting quiety on the shelf :erm:

Bro if you continue to promote Needlewheel or Threadwheel like that... Beckett will go out of trend :lol: You notice there are so many Becketts on sale at Pasar Malam these 2 days? I think more than 5 ;)

I have experienced 3 different types of beckett skimmers before. I cannot deny the fact that beckett do perform and its great at churning out waste. However, considering the rising PUB bills nowadays, it might be wiser to spend more on the initial part and save more on the electricity on the long run.

Since witnessing the Deltec, i was convinced that needlewheel do perform as well. Frankly, my initial choice for the last few months was Deltec AP851. I was tt close to order when our dear bro jervis advise tt i would require the Deltec AP702 or 902 instead. :)

As a result, i decided to test out the ATI Bubble Master and the performance is comparable to Deltec.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

I was tt close to order when our dear bro jervis advise tt i would require the Deltec AP702 or 902 instead. :)

Oh dear... now you put my HEAD on the table already... now how am I gonna get out of this if the product doesn't perform as good as a Deltec AP851? Bro I just shared with you what I believe... I really hope that my belief will help many reefers save their hard earned money and spend it on some other crucial equipments... seriously, for that price range/performance/prestige/power consumption... nothing beats Bubble Master :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Oh dear... now you put my HEAD on the table already... now how am I gonna get out of this if the product doesn't perform as good as a Deltec AP851? Bro I just shared with you what I believe... I really hope that my belief will help many reefers save their hard earned money and spend it on some other crucial equipments... seriously, for that price range/performance/prestige/power consumption... nothing beats Bubble Master :)

haha. . i took the risk of ordering the ATI BM 250 considering its only reknown in Germany, but not the rest of the reefing community. Its definately my own-doing if the skimmer doesnt perform. Dun worry, u can place ur head back. . :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member
Bro MadMac

I am quite aware of our claims... being a little too bold and against the mainstream... those were more like conversation between 2 reefers. That is what we believe in and ATI Bubble Master 250's selling point (also BK's selling point).

In seeing a potential of a "disagreement confict"... I've decided not to post the internet links here but to PM you (those bros interested can also PM me for a "forward" copy of the PM). Knowing the trend... this will dilute bro Acidjazz's product review resulting in MOD stepping in.

Wow. Now don't get so defensive. I haven't even began. ;)

I need to know a couple of things to verify what I understand about skiimmers. You both said, short and wide are more effecient, and added the proven bit.

The short (as compared longer) skimmer I can see why its more energy efficient, its the wide part that I cannot for the life of me understand how that can be more efficient, as in wide vs the thin? or short + wide vs tall+wide? You see I'm using a small, short+thin skimmer. I'm jus so curious as to the proven thinggy that you both used so readily. Its short vs tall, thin vs wide.

Waiting with bated breath for your PM, many thnx. :bow:

Wow. Now don't get so defensive. I haven't even began. ;)

Hehe... coz I can sense it coming... I've been in this forum for half a year now and I sorta learned how things go around here :lol::lol::lol:

I will PM you :)

i was advised that apparently Eheim 1260 and Eheim 1262 pump does not make a difference on this ATI BM.

jervis, if yours is a 1260, lets do a comparison.

the point is to make fair judgement regarding the ATI BM.

If its not up to standard, i will be honest to say its not up to standard. Just need some time for more concrete evidence.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Air flow meter.

Hello, Greetings from the USA. I am very curious how you are calculating that the ehiem is pulling 2500 lph. The meter shows lpm and the top of the scale is 25. At 25 lpm the total lph is 2500. Has it been checked with a more accurate meter? It looks great, I am just trying to figur this out.

Mike

i was advised that apparently Eheim 1260 and Eheim 1262 pump does not make a difference on this ATI BM.

jervis, if yours is a 1260, lets do a comparison.

the point is to make fair judgement regarding the ATI BM.

If its not up to standard, i will be honest to say its not up to standard. Just need some time for more concrete evidence.

I've checked with AM, my BM 250 comes with the Eheim 1262.

Emm... from your previous statements... it seems that you are trying to find concrete evidence to proof the ATI BM is not up to standard :lol::lol::lol: I'm sure I misread it... but again, I hope you will not compare this with a Bubble King :P

I've checked with AM, my BM 250 comes with the Eheim 1262.

Emm... from your previous statements... it seems that you are trying to find concrete evidence to proof the ATI BM is not up to standard :lol::lol::lol: I'm sure I misread it... but again, I hope you will not compare this with a Bubble King :P

What i meant was. . the the skimmer is performing well. However, in the case tt i find any errors over time, i will let u guys know.

Btw i reliase tt when i feed cyclopreeze to the fishes, the skimming becomes irregular. I guess tt happens for most skimmers, not just ATI BM.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Btw jervis, i saw the unit posted by AM and i realise tt the neck is slightly higher than mine by about 3 inches.

Here's the question: my ATI BM is foaming just nice at the neck right now. Therefore if the current ones brought in by AM has a taller neck, the dirt collected will not be in the skimmer cup but on the neck instead.

I definately have not witness the "taller neck" ATI BM in action yet. Perhaps it performs just as well.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Btw i reliase tt when i feed cyclopreeze to the fishes, the skimming becomes irregular. I guess tt happens for most skimmers, not just ATI BM.

Err... I didn't notice that in my skimmer as I always "off" them during coral feeding :lol:

Btw jervis, i saw the unit posted by AM and i realise tt the neck is slightly higher than mine by about 3 inches.

Here's the question: my ATI BM is foaming just nice at the neck right now. Therefore if the current ones brought in by AM has a taller neck, the dirt collected will not be in the skimmer cup but on the neck instead.

I definately have not witness the "taller neck" ATI BM in action yet. Perhaps it performs just as well.

Emm... you got very sharps eye bro Acidjazz... didn't notice the neck is in fact taller than your BM... now which is new which is old? I think ATI needs to put a model no (with version ID) on each units since the product is being developed so rapidly.

Having a slightly taller neck may not be a bad thing (IMO). Remember, ATI upgraded its air per hour output from 2000 ltrs (1260) to 3000 ltrs (1262). Theoratically, the body of the skimmer should changed accordingly to cope with the huge increase in bubble formation. Possibly, the taller neck is a result of that upgrading - just my speculation of course... now where's Oliver when we needed him most :D

I will be dropping by AM this evening to settle some bills :pinch: (yes, the tank is almost ready for delivery)... will do a quick measurement and update you again tonight. Meanwhile, do measure the height of your neck (from the base of the collection cup) so that we can compare tonight :)

I hope more guys will get their hands on a BM soon... this product review is getting very boring with just 2 of us chatting :lol:

its not boring bro..im here reading everyday just tat i did not post anything cause i dont have experince in it :P

Yeah... actually paiseh leh... I shouldn't have said bro Acidjazz's product review boring... sorry... too used to doing my own product reviews... sorta treated this as one of my own :bow::paiseh::paiseh:

AquaMarin finally announced their SPECIAL LAUNCH PRICE... man I must say it is VERY SPECIAL!!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51825

Glad to know that all units come with 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects and assurance that all product services will be supported :lol:

Since it is being announced, we can now have an even more realistic product review as the selling price is no more a mystery :fear:

Skimmer still performing as usual. :)

ATI BM 250 is very similar to Bk, except that the latter uses a more powerful pump and the workmanship is excellent.

The ATI BM looks like some diy job. . seriously. . that's why its so easy for reefers to dulplicate. I really think they can do something about the workmanship. Perhaps after they have finalise and complete the R&D on the skimmer. Nevertheless, its still a great skimmer.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

The ATI BM looks like some diy job. . seriously. . that's why its so easy for reefers to dulplicate. I really think they can do something about the workmanship. Perhaps after they have finalise and complete the R&D on the skimmer. Nevertheless, its still a great skimmer.

Seriously bro... it's not too bad lah... for $898 (promo price) I think the BM 250 is already delivering what other's cant.

Take my baby Deltec MCE600 Hang-on for example, a new unit + media box already cost $800+!!! The Aquabee 2000 only produces 300 ltrs of air per hour (according to Deltec).

The Bubble Master 250 can produce 2000 ltrs of air per hour (if not more)... that's 7 times more than my MCE600.

So if a reefer is to own a 6 footer (like yours) looking for a protein skimmer that will not consume more than $10/month of electricity (most probably needlewheel)... made in Germany (both pump and body)... below $1K... there isn't much choice out there... really.

I'm sure ATI will continue to develop the product since it is holding the patent for the Threadwheel... maintaining a patent is damn expensive... so I'm sure they will make the best out of it!

Furthermore, AquaMarin is giving a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects... so no worries for me :lol:

Seriously bro... it's not too bad lah... for $898 (promo price) I think the BM 250 is already delivering what other's cant.

Take my baby Deltec MCE600 Hang-on for example, a new unit + media box already cost $800+!!! The Aquabee 2000 only produces 300 ltrs of air per hour (according to Deltec).

The Bubble Master 250 can produce 2000 ltrs of air per hour (if not more)... that's 7 times more than my MCE600.

So if a reefer is to own a 6 footer (like yours) looking for a protein skimmer that will not consume more than $10/month of electricity (most probably needlewheel)... made in Germany (both pump and body)... below $1K... there isn't much choice out there... really.

I'm sure ATI will continue to develop the product since it is holding the patent for the Threadwheel... maintaining a patent is damn expensive... so I'm sure they will make the best out of it!

Furthermore, AquaMarin is giving a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects... so no worries for me :lol:

so which unit are u receiving for the new tank? the one with the shorter or longer neck?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Similar to yours :) Oh I can't wait to fire it up actually... you have any pix to help ease my pain? :lol:

Similar to yours :) Oh I can't wait to fire it up actually... you have any pix to help ease my pain? :lol:

my bro borrow my digital cam to go london. . . so no pictures. .

anyway same as AM wad...

jervis, wanna do some diy project? i was thinking of diy-ing the ATI BM. :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

my bro borrow my digital cam to go london. . . so no pictures. .

anyway same as AM wad...

jervis, wanna do some diy project? i was thinking of diy-ing the ATI BM. :lol:

Emm... I already booked bro Colinsoon for a MCE600 DIY coz I can see more improvements to be made on that skimmer... but since the Bubble Master is pretty similar to Bubble King in terms of body concept... then there isn't much room for improvements (unless you can find a way to improvise the Bubble King too) :bow:

Furthermore I can foresee a very expensive DIY project as there are a lot of circular/cylindrical parts that require molding/forming... you go ahead :)

But it will probably be more meaningful to apply the Threadwheel to other skimmer bodies to test out the differences if you are interested in that area :)

Oh I can see that your air intake chamber is stuffed with an air flow meter and cotton floss... in www.riffaquaristikforum.de, some Germans lessen the amount of cotton floss to further increase air flow... perhaps you wanna try that out :)

As there are reports that the current air flow meter has a tendency to get rusty (parts of it) after a while... perhaps you only put it in when you need to check the air suction of the 1262, that way you can prolong the life span of the air flow meter :)

jervis, thanks for sharing ur experience here. I was thinking of building a skimmer similar to ATI BM 250 but instead of using one pump, innovate it into 2 pumps.

hmm... yea its gonna be very expensive to diy such a project, let me go figure something.

Mean while interested parties in ATI BM 250 can go www.zeovit.com for more information, come my place to have a look or head down to AM.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor: