Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice tank lah bro!! very impressed!!

Hey where have you been? I miss you lah :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

It's to give way to my next project... and yes... I do have this tendency for "newness" :lol::lol::lol: (Since someone hinted that I've been idled too long) <_<

Yep...cant saw that this move wasn't unexpected.... ;)

So when are you gonna reveal your next project?

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

Yep...cant saw that this move wasn't unexpected.... ;)

So when are you gonna reveal your next project?

I believe the next project will be up by next 2 weeks (once I decom my 2ft Juwel)... currently it is blocking the way :lol:

How about your tank? Don't let our SPS frags wait too long :evil::evil::evil:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

I was just checkin out the specs of ur skimmer...odd that it almost appears as if you downgraded.

Wasn't the performer 3000 rated for a much higher tank volume than this existing Grotech? And wouldn't the air intake be greatly reduced as well with the downgrade from 3 pumps to a single pump (no doubt the eheim is probably more efficient)

Just wondering what's ur rationale for this...aside for the upgrade itch of course :P

As for my tank...still a slow process of getting it up. As for SPS frags....wanna try and avoid getting "poisoned" for now. In the meantime, it'll just be fishes, softies and LPS :)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

Bro can check the other "avenue"? I posted there earlier... will explain here tonight :heh:

yeah....i've already checked it out... ;)

To bad I have to meet my parents out of town this weekend... can't monitor the HEA tomorrow :erm: Will try to post some pix tonight before I leave :)

• SRC Member
Guys... I was very shocked this morning!!!

During the past year... I've tried Aqua Medic, Deltec, Tunze, ATI BM and Hydor... but nothing prepares me for this!!!

Grotech HEA200 installed 3pm yesterday... and I am getting this 16 hours later!!! This is unbelievable!!! :shock::shock::shock:

WHOA... at your rate of changing skimmer, you will soon be running out of new brand of skimmers to use.... :P

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

WHOA... at your rate of changing skimmer, you will soon be running out of new brand of skimmers to use.... :P

There are still a lot of skimmers that can last me till 2012 :lol::lol::lol:

Here's a video clip of my new skimmer... not bad at all right?

th_140603.jpg

It's extremely silent too :eyebrow:

woah. the bubble just keeps coming.

so 2 skimmers in tank?

No just one skimmer... I already sold my Hydor 3000 :cry2::cry2::cry2: That's a good thing actually... now I can proceed quickly to my next project :lol:

Yeah... this skimmer seems a bit hard to believe actually :erm:

Here's my tiny little Limited Edition Fiber Optic Pocci... growing very slowly ;) Bought a piece of almost similar LE from a senior reefer yesterday... slightly blured on the background :lol:

post-34-1181914778.jpg

Here's another piece I bought from the same reefer... Purple Staghorn... I believe the colour will improve further :)

The Sarmentosa in the foreground (pink caps) has lost its pink caps :cry2: It happened during the crisis last 2 months... luckily the yellow/green body is coming back... polyps are returning to light yellow/white (was brown)... I hope in a few weeks... the pink caps willl return :)

That will give me a great sense of achievement :evil:

post-34-1181914977.jpg

• SRC Member

• SRC Member
Guys... I was very shocked this morning!!!

During the past year... I've tried Aqua Medic, Deltec, Tunze, ATI BM and Hydor... but nothing prepares me for this!!!

Grotech HEA200 installed 3pm yesterday... and I am getting this 16 hours later!!! This is unbelievable!!! :shock::shock::shock:

That means your water is very dirty lor. :P

Still busy? When can I view your tank. :)

That means your water is very dirty lor. :P

Still busy? When can I view your tank. :)

Well... one thing for sure is... I am not changing water as frequent as I should and I've been dry skimming using the Hydor 3000 for the past few months... perhaps that's the reason for such exaggerated wet skimming from the Grotech.

Anytime bro... anytime :P

My new skimmer... exactly 3 days of running :P

post-34-1182082029.jpg

Reflection view... can you spot the new Blue Tort I recently added to my SPS collection :P

post-34-1182084497.jpg

Blackie :fear:

post-34-1182095497.jpg

im lost in somewhere else.. haha! anyway change skimmer again!!! when u gonna stop and settle for down haha :P

Bro... come back to reefing!!!

Here's another look at my Grotech skimmer... 48 hours worth of Teh Tarik :lol:

post-34-1182253731.jpg

Finally tore down my 2ft Juwel... transferred some fishes over... a shot of all 3 Purple Queens... 1 from the 2ft tank :)

post-34-1182254143.jpg

Surprise!!! :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1182254544.jpg