Prata closing up

Eudaceous

• SRC Member

Dear All,

I need some help. I have a red green prata that is closing up and it is exposing its teeth. In the centre are fine white-thread like hairs. (2-3cm). They could also pass off as worms as they would be coiling up in the centre of the prata. About 20 pieces are inhabiting my prata right now and it hasnt been opening up. My last two pratas died because of this. I know it is a kind of parasitic infection. Question is what type is this and how to cure it?

Thanks in advance.

• SRC Member

i think its not parasites but the stuff comes frm the prata itself... i had one wh was injured(punctured) during transportation ... after put in tank gv out white threads stuff n then starts bleaching n then up lorry after abt 3 weeks.... hope it wud happen to yr prata bro

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

bro,i also experience it b4 n i dip it with fresh water n after one week,it open up back nicely.but i dont know what is that.sometimes when my coral accidently fall on my prata,it gets hurt n the seleton is expose n the whiteish thing like fine worm start to come out from within the prata.but dont worry it will go off in due time.this is what i experience.mayb some other pros out there can give you more explaination.hope that the beloved prata will b ok,