southpaw23's reef

southpaw23

• SRC Member

No worries guys...i'm well aware of my limitations...altho i'm careful not to be too over confident with the equipment i have The introduction of the 6 was mainly due to the fact that i can't introduce em one at a time. The system is doing fine with the introduction so far. Will let the system adjust to the new bio load for the next week or so before i consider new livestock. ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aiya...His using AP701 lah bro...What is 6 tang man... :lol::lol: By looking @ e skimmer of bro southpaw23, I think 8-10 oso no problem. :)

Me bad... I forgot he gotten himself a super skimmer :P But there's no harm of moving in a bit slowly especially at this very early stage... that's just based on my experiences in setting up many new tanks :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

no no...introduce 6 at once so not any one of em gets to establish dominance in the tank and start beating up the others :P

So far it's worked. All 6 seem to be getting along well, with occasional 2-4 of em hangin around in groups. No major fighting has broke out with any of em so fingers crossed that this "good behavoir" keeps up :)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

PBT... :yeah: one of my favourites but sadly, my tank is not really for the powder series...esp when the sohal, YT and PT are around...

Perhaps adding 6 YTs is a good strategy since none of it attack yr PBT. Hope yr PBT will not disturb new tangs going in...not sure if it's true but i heard tt it doesn't quite welcome other powder series tang though...

Do take a pic of yr PBT and let us drool yah?

• SRC Member

Yup...no agression among the YTs and the PBT so far. Mainly cos the PBT is also the larger specimen. I also suspect that because i added the PBT only a day after the YTs, and the fact that the YTs have yet to settle into the tank and establish their "territory", the PBT had an easier time settling in to the tank.

I've no intentions of adding other powders into the tank...but might consider an AT which i suspect might pose a problem with the existing PBT. But that's still a ways away so we'll see how the current tankmates get along for now :)

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

No corals yet...cos the chiller still ain't set-up :(

But in retrospect, i'm thinkin i'll go the FOWLR route for the next few weeks or month and get the system adjusted to the bioload first.

Once i've got the majority of my fishes, i'll start introducing corals in. Saves me some money too since i dnt hv to fire up my lightings for too long in the day and the chiller has yet to kick in. So figured it might as well be a gradual process ;)

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member
Yup...no agression among the YTs and the PBT so far. Mainly cos the PBT is also the larger specimen. I also suspect that because i added the PBT only a day after the YTs, and the fact that the YTs have yet to settle into the tank and establish their "territory", the PBT had an easier time settling in to the tank.

I've no intentions of adding other powders into the tank...but might consider an AT which i suspect might pose a problem with the existing PBT. But that's still a ways away so we'll see how the current tankmates get along for now :)

hi like i said b4 you got the same taste as me for fishes. i love pbt but failed so far. got itch very easily. i was told that pbt survival rate higher in bigger tank.

once my tank fully cycle ill intro 6-8 yt together with my purple&brown tang. hope they friend friend with each other when introduce together.

im also angels fan. gosh hand itchy liao.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Last shot for the night...blurry overall shot of the living room... :P

good day bro.

may i know hows your h20 parameter b4 u added the fishes?

do you test calcium and magnesium?

getting more coulourful your tank..

where is your regular/favourite shopping place for fishes?

• SRC Member
hi bro nice tank u have, ur hse looks nice and neat too!!

just a short question, ur caves so exposed the tangs ok to slp in there at night?

Thanks :) The house is still pretty bare tho...haven't gotten around to the actual decor etc... :P

As for the caves....well, there are some spots that are less exposed that the tangs can take shelter in, but they mostly hang around the big cave/swim thru...and they're together when they do that. *touch wood* still no major aggression among them thus far.

southpaw23's reef