Price of full set up 4ft glass tank by LFS

braun

Will it be considerably more economical if i buy whole set from LFS then set up myself?I want a coral + fish set up:

corals- preferably requirement for lighting should be moderate ones w/o the use of chiller

and + complete filter box,sump,skimmer...etc

braun

• SRC Member

I'm sure if u get LFS to do up everything, it will be much more expensive since they need to make a profit rite?

Before that, I'll like to share something that I read in a book. the author mentioned that basically there are 3 type of people that want to keep marine.

1) Those who want to have marine in their house as a decoration. Will always get LFS to built and mantain the tank for them.

2) Those who use the tank as an "educational" purpose for their kids. Dun bother to maintain the tank properly.

3) Those who really like and enjoy marine stuff. This group of people can classified as hobbyist to the author.

The author also comments that his experience of been a LFS owner, he find out that those falls under grp 1 and 2 dun keep marine for long (less than 2 yrs).

Thus, my suggestion will be for you to really consider which grp you fall in. If you are sure you belongs to grp 3, i'm sure you'll enjoy the time spent on doing the whole setup on your own.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...