Is my Protein Skimmer sufficient for my tank

odi

• SRC Member

Hi,

I'm using a Jebo protein skimmer on my 3'x1.5'x2' tank. Is this sufficient. I have 5" of sand bed and around 40kg of lr. My sump tank is 2'x1'x1'. My estimation of the total volume is around 65USgallons.

Thanx.

• SRC Member

Hello odi, the skimmer should have the volume its good for on its packaging.... but nevertheless its always good to get the best skimmer you can afford cause a good skimmer will get the waste product out before the turn into NH4 so it will be less taxing on your filtration.... Hope this info is accurate and helps!!!!

Cheers!

:peace:

• SRC Member

I'm thinking of upgrading to a Weipro protein skimmer. Currently I'm using a CR-1900 with my Jebo. Anyone has any idea of the rate of my pump? Would be be adequate for the Weipro skimmer?

Thanx.

what's the skimmer rating??? try to go for a skimmer with a rating of at least twice of your tank volume. for example, if ur's a 50 gallon tank, get a skimmer with rating of 100 gallons and above...hope that helps...as said earlier, no harm getting a much better skimmer if u can afford it...u can never overskim :)

"Save a reef, grow your own"