Project Reef: Ocean's Three

redmushroom

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Once again, a portrait shot of my tank as of last night. :D

Pls note that the tank is being illuminated by my 2ft lightset for the shots and will inevitably look a little 'poor'. :angry:

Things will remain like that for now till my lights arrive tomorrow evening. :yeah:

post-34-1186492063.jpg

• SRC Member
nice bro.. keep up the gd work in scaping :P

cant wait to put in some life? :D

Thanks for the compliment bro. Its just a humble set-up of mine. :)

Of course i can't wait to put in my first livestock, but i guess it will be worth my patience with this set-up to wait for it to be fully cycled. :angel:

• SRC Member
so wht u intend to keep in there? as in corals.. sps lps softies or mix reef? u might need a couple of wave makers too to help remove deadspots :D

Hmmm...... it will be everything except SPS for now.

Yeah i will be putting in some wavemakers, as mentioned in my previous postings. Hopefully, it will remove the deadspots in the tank. :)

Everything thing is looking good bro... real good... dun worry so much about your Nitrate... give your tank another week or so :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Come saturday, after our nation's birthday fever... it was time for me to put my water to the test. :rolleyes:

Been 3 weeks since the start of my tank's cycling process. :snore:

Salifert should do a fine job....... :rolleyes:

hi redmushroom.

have you tried testing for your calcium? is there english instruction in the box? my no english..got to agak agak..

• SRC Member

hi redmushroom.

have you tried testing for your calcium? is there english instruction in the box? my no english..got to agak agak..

Haha..... not yet. Didn't find a need to. :D

Only tested for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and Phosphate so far. :rolleyes:

You need help on the english instructions? Haha lemme take a look at the box and see what they have... i believe i saw England Words. :lol::lol:

Maybe other reefers can help you too.... :P

• SRC Member

Haha..... not yet. Didn't find a need to. :D

Only tested for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and Phosphate so far. :rolleyes:

You need help on the english instructions? Haha lemme take a look at the box and see what they have... i believe i saw England Words. :lol::lol:

Maybe other reefers can help you too.... :P

hi redmushroom.

just curious do you intend to get chiller and if yes what brand?

hows your cycling goi on?

yours fowlr rite?

• SRC Member

hi redmushroom.

just curious do you intend to get chiller and if yes what brand?

hows your cycling goi on?

yours fowlr rite?

Hi MAG,

yeah i will be getting a chiller. Am currently shopping for a Artica 1/5hp. Will most probably be getting it installed by this week. :P

Temp is too hot for my tank, esp with lights on (sometimes even 31deg celcius!! :cry: ) so the chiller has to come in soon b4 anything goes in.

My cycling is probably not over yet. Tested my water jus now and here are my results:

Ammonia - Undetectable

Nitrite - Undetectable

Nitrate - 15 mg/l

What do you guys say? :erm: Think its ok to put in livestock now or should i wait for it to drop to below 5 mg/l? :(

Oh and anyway bro.... i will be keeping some LPS and softies too. It wont be a FOWLR setup.

Cheers!! :D

• SRC Member
any updates?

Yeah bro sorry for the inactivity recently. :paiseh:

My tank is still in its cycling phase, although in its finishing stage, so there's nothing much to say. :whistle

Dun wanna bore you guys too much with equipments and some minor maintainence once in a while. :rolleyes:

But no worries bro, i'll surely be posting my first fish that swims in my part of the ocean. :evil:

Meanwhile, keep a lookout at my thread for new updates that will be coming soon!! :lol:

Bro I think your tank is ready for some hardy specimens... just make sure you got your chiller at work before introducing any LS :) Arctica is a good choice :eyebrow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Looking nice. ;)

Your rockscape Kind of reminded me of the time when i started my tank. :lol:

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member
Bro I think your tank is ready for some hardy specimens... just make sure you got your chiller at work before introducing any LS :) Arctica is a good choice :eyebrow:

Yeah i think i will be introducing some fishes once the chiller is up.

My gf has been rather eager to see some life in the tank since its been a month now and all i have are still LR's! :lol:

Anyway do drop me advice when you have any. Appreciate all bro's inputs. :)