Need information on SH

alberted

Hi Bro wish to ask I have a 3ft tank now and wish to keep SH. Need to know does the SH really need a chiller? my normal temp is 28.

I used to hav 4 SH without chiller, OK but now i hav a chiller at 27.

The thing is the chiller keeps the temp constant, no matter wat ambient

temp is, hot or cold day.Less stress for your LS, due temp fluctuation.

My tank b4 the chiller goes up to 32, really warm water.

It is even more critical if u hav coral in the tank.

Thanks bro I run my tank without chiller currently my hammer still doing ok it with me for about 3 week liao. So i wish to know that can i keep hammer with SH?

Ur tank is 3 feet, enough space for the SH to avoid the hammer. I hav 2 tanks, 1 with corals also Hammer, Octo, and branch Torch,

but my SH are in another smaller nano tank 350x350x350. as the SH are slow eater, don't mix with fast feeding fishes, they don't

stand a chance to get fed. So take that into consideration, if u hav many other fishes in ur tank. My SH tank has only a mandarin also

slow eater. Might get some sand shifting gobies, as they will clean food at the bottom. It is also essential to provide many branches

for the SH to hang or cling on with their tails. Not too strong flow. Then they feels siok siok.

oh i see but now i only have 1 tank, so mean i cant keep SH with hammer...... sian so i give up my hammer :pinch:

I do not hav the experience of SH & Hammer, but as observation SH hav small long snout not suitable to nip

on hammer but maybe SPS, as transition i did hav mushroom & Lobo in the SH they do not bother them.

Large LPS should be OK with SH. Might not be easy with SH, i tried 3 times, all gone by 1 week. The 4th time

these 4 survive very well. As i said before more concern are the others tank mates (fishes). How reef safe

are SH, u got to do ur homework. Trying urself is the best to gain the experience. I hav Hammer etc. but not

problem for the fishes and shrimps, they won't go onto the hammer. they won't be sting to death if accidentally

contact wt the hammer, i think hammer is not as dangerous as the anemone.