SeaHorse Or TigerTail

successnowhere

Hi Bros,

Can someone please tell me the difference between seahorse & tigertail???

Any pic to tell the difference?

Where can I buy them ???

I have a coral tank, so if I wan to house my seahorse, I shouldn't add in fishes as tank mates right?

Admiring a well designed Terrarium's garden indoor is like walking thru a garden after a whole day work...

• SRC Member
Hi Bros,

Can someone please tell me the difference between seahorse & tigertail???

Any pic to tell the difference?

Where can I buy them ???

I have a coral tank, so if I wan to house my seahorse, I shouldn't add in fishes as tank mates right?

A tigertail the common name of one of the many species of sea horse. Can be identified by the grey or brown alternating stripes on the yellow tail, thus the name tigertail. One of the more commonly available sea horse locally, and does quite well in captivity. Do a Google search for the images and more info on care for them.

I saw some of them at Aquamarin at Katong and Jalan Kayu recently, I'm sure they are pretty common at most fish farms too.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Tks for the reply. tot of keeping all seahorse in my coral tank, all my marine fishes up lorry yesterday due

to power cut off :(

Oh I didn't answer your last question about whether they can be kept with fish. They should be ideally kept in a small/medium tank with non aggressive fish, cos they are kinda slow and not very smart. They are very likely to get bullied by faster fishes, and will definitely lose out to them when it comes to feeding time. Mine can stare at his food for a full minute before deciding if it is something edible. Thankfully the other livestock in my tank are mostly bottom feeders.

Corals might not be suitable too depending on what kind of corals you have, cos they like to hook their tails against anything they can grip, your corals might not like being molested all day.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

you can try ur luck to get mangroves from petmart

at serangoon north next to rainbow

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

you can go to lck farms or ah beng most probably start with tiger tails or black kudas

tank mates are slow fishes shrimps and stuff but not damsels

cause the sea horses cant react in time when they are in danger also food snatching will also be a prob

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

My 2 seahorse have been in my tank for the 3rd day, still don't take any food leh,

not even mysis, sure die lah :( Me get it from reborn

Hi bro,

Try buying the TINY Live Shrimps from LCK201 (at 201 Neo Tiew Crescent), saw all

their seahorses eating the shrimps very well. One pack of their tiny live shrimps

cost only $2.

My friends & myself usually buy the shrimps whenever we go there to feed our fishes

and all our fishes just love them.

Recently they have the Brazilian orange & yellow seahorse known as H. riedi.

• SRC Member
My 2 seahorse have been in my tank for the 3rd day, still don't take any food leh,

not even mysis, sure die lah :( Me get it from reborn

Try live brine shrimp a.k.a sea monkeys, dunno if it's the same as what bro skyrunner recommended, but it is sold in some fish farms at $2 a pack. AM Jalan Kayu sells it too, not on display, but you gotta ask for it. One $2 pack can last 4 days to a week if kept refrigerated (not frozen).

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

Try live brine shrimp a.k.a sea monkeys, dunno if it's the same as what bro skyrunner recommended, but it is sold in some fish farms at $2 a pack. AM Jalan Kayu sells it too, not on display, but you gotta ask for it. One $2 pack can last 4 days to a week if kept refrigerated (not frozen).

Don't think the tiny live shrimps that LCK201 selling is the same type (aka sea monkeys).

Anyway will be coming to there this weekend and will take photo of the tiny shrimps from

their seahorse tank and post here.

:)