where to repair t5 light fixture?

richng

the ballast may have burnt out. you CAN buy a replacement ballast from most aquarium shops and do the replacement, but if this is your clueless first time in electronics, you better just get a new light. It better than accidentally killing yourself. Alternatively, you can send it to the fish shop and see if they can repair your lights for you.

• SRC Member
the ballast may have burnt out. you CAN buy a replacement ballast from most aquarium shops and do the replacement, but if this is your clueless first time in electronics, you better just get a new light. It better than accidentally killing yourself. Alternatively, you can send it to the fish shop and see if they can repair your lights for you.

thanks for your kind advice i approach a few already mostly say they dont.. i guess they just want to sell brand new sets to me lah.. can earn more $$... sigh.

• SRC Member
If you stay near Jurong West, I might able to check for you. What Ballast is used? I might have in store and if yes, FOC for you.

thanks for your kind assistance but i do not stay anywhere near you.. cheers!

hello guys

anyone here knows where i can get my aqualight t5 light fixture for repair as it is not giving out any lights at all bulb is still working fine. thanks

Hi richng,

Check the fuse in the sockert plug or check the on/off swithes. Seems to me it is not the ballest. You mentioned all bulbs working but all ballast to burnt at one go not likely. If it is ballast, replacement is fairly easy. Just go down to Sim Lim Tower 3 level look for S**ter electricial shop that sell lighting parts. Look for Mr Pang, the boss. He would be able to teach you how to replace.(Wiring part).

You must let him know what the wattages, the length side and whether High output or low output. The physical size of the ballast is important.

Bought my HO T5 3ft from him a couple of months ago. Bought a whole complete set of 3 ft fitting just to remove the ballast for replacement due to the size. Anyway alot cheaper than LFS. Can easy change two times more for the price quoted by LFS.

• Sponsor

if your t5 cant fire up, its only due to this 2 main reasons.

1) one faulty tube and light set could not fire up. The tube will blink and goes off.

2) faulty eballast. No lights at all when fired.

There are some skill needed to replace the eballast esp removing the clip on endcaps. If u need help, let me know