bout LED resistor

stevenkoh08

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
so can i go for 12v 6amp which i use the led guru on the net

No. U can't. These 3W LED need 3.6volt each. Thus for 6 in a series, u know at least 24volt (thks Sherman for the correction).

Unless, u plan to do it with 3 LED in each string. And have 8 series in parallel.

JC

Are u still going to do the resistor method and not constant driver? Regardless of resistor or constant driver, u need to have dc power. Thus any power convertor will do as long as the output voltage and current meets ur application.

Cheers

JC

i'm going for ac to dc and planing to add resistor in frt of it any suggestion for this or it need for sure a led driver?

• SRC Member

Its not recommended cost the efficiency is really low and high changes of heating up the LED. Thus shorter life. I'll suggest u go for constant driver. U can check with sherman if he still have those AC-DC constant driver from Meanwell, these save u the needs to get a AC-DC converter.

Cheers

JC

read the thread by Jameshong. Great writeup he done.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=81378

Cheers

JC

ya read his write up already neat and nice white thinking of someting like this but i'm planing for 18 LEDs per unit with 3 timer to control each 6 Leds not a dimmer effect but on/off type so more of low cost and serve the sam purpose

i'll connect it in a parallel of 6 each line have 3 in a series and each two parallel will be conected to a timer each as for the spectrum haven't decide yet

i'm looking into driver with PFC (power factor correction) and with constant current supply unit so far have engage though phone with the supplier already and they've e-mail me all the cat. for the needs i want