sikiee

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
oh, with lights off the temp is ard 28.5deg.

ok. anyway just to share, this is what my BF did to my small tank. it's showing side view.

the one on the left is how it was, and the right is after. you see the light hood was raised (about an inch i think) using some L-shaped plastic he got from DIY store, put in 4 of those on the corners of the light hood. now there's open space between. at the same time the flow down from the filter is now also showing (like a waterfall) so i guess having that open concept it also helps cool the water before it goes back to the tank. might not be the best solution, but is working for me now. my lights have no fans, just exhaust slits :eyebrow:

post-17191-1258599657_thumb.jpg

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member
Ya that's right just pump the water in at a rate of 500l/h and the fan is fix on the coil itself which act just like our chiller

ok i get it. and that metal 'titanium' is resistant to 'sea water' ?

25 Gal Micro Ocean

hi all bros,she's a newbie,so with those terms dat goes btw bro,think she getting confused.HAHA!!!Sis why don't u try changing ur light bulb to a lower wattage,cos u r not having many corals.When water evaporates,its parameter fluatuates (water chemistry goes haywire)cos u gotta topup freshwater.IMO i think don't try any coral.Few rocks/fishes also looks nice

hi all bros,she's a newbie,so with those terms dat goes btw bro,think she getting confused.HAHA!!!Sis why don't u try changing ur light bulb to a lower wattage,cos u r not having many corals.When water evaporates,its parameter fluatuates (water chemistry goes haywire)cos u gotta topup freshwater.IMO i think don't try any coral.Few rocks/fishes also looks nice

to wat i see everyone has their own desiral best is see what she going for first if going for lps or something like that best is to use led=less heat and brighter

use titanium coil as i mention above can keep the temp low maybe to 26-28 better than using chiller as cost more on the elec bills consider of this concept not bad but need to find where can get in local

ok. anyway just to share, this is what my BF did to my small tank. it's showing side view.

the one on the left is how it was, and the right is after. you see the light hood was raised (about an inch i think) using some L-shaped plastic he got from DIY store, put in 4 of those on the corners of the light hood. now there's open space between. at the same time the flow down from the filter is now also showing (like a waterfall) so i guess having that open concept it also helps cool the water before it goes back to the tank. might not be the best solution, but is working for me now. my lights have no fans, just exhaust slits :eyebrow:

not a bad ideal for this but betwwen what u keeping??

haha yeah thanks. sorry also sikiee.

we're trying to get the tank in coz we'll be out on holiday for 2 weeks early december, so just nice to have the tank cycling already he said with NSW and some live sand and cured rocks or something :rolleyes:

lol its okay guys. good luck for your upcoming tank (:

i think i kinda like this idea, thanks for the pic! i think i need to sit down in front of my tank to think. thanks.

i think i kinda like this idea, thanks for the pic! i think i need to sit down in front of my tank to think. thanks.

Good luck sikiee. Keep us posted on your progress....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

to wat i see everyone has their own desiral best is see what she going for first if going for lps or something like that best is to use led=less heat and brighter

use titanium coil as i mention above can keep the temp low maybe to 26-28 better than using chiller as cost more on the elec bills consider of this concept not bad but need to find where can get in local

lol, i do AM a lil confused with the coil part, its getting a bit too technical for my female brain. haha. personally i am planning to get easy corals like mushrooms/leathers/zoanthids, i read tt these corals are quite hardy and easy with temp fluctuations but at 32deg, my concern is it do still seem a lil too HIGH for these corals (like so poor thing). and i wanna keep cost on the low side.

• SRC Member

I support poomoon's idea. The tank lid can definitely be unscrewed n removed.

Instead u can try raising the lid higher, use those pc fans as stand for ur lid, one side supply one side exhaust. Lid stand n cooler 2-in-1.

Since ur tank 1ft, no choice gotta use pl lights. I believe it's 55w white n blue? Anything less ur corals will turn brown very soon.

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member
not a bad ideal for this but betwwen what u keeping??

not really a lot, got 3 tiny fishes (clown, dominoe, damsel), got a few zoa frags (started from 1, but grew quite fast), a bubble, and a green star polyp. one of my live rock started to grow a sponge, and also some other polyps, and some other growths (dunno what they are!), heavy coralline. the same rock has quite some tunnels inside, and i see a couple of inverts (prawns???) inside walkin around, but never go out. oh, and got 2 snails cleaning crew :eyebrow: bubble getting bigger, and dominoe hosts it. nemo seems hosting one of the bigger zoas <_<

and now i want more and running out of space, so upgrading to 'a little' bigger tank :rolleyes:

anyway, sikiee, thanks. yeah give it a try. i guess the longer you stare at your tank, the more ides you will have. be patient and start slow on filling up with live ones, and not too much. we're all here to help :upsidedown:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

not really a lot, got 3 tiny fishes (clown, dominoe, damsel), got a few zoa frags (started from 1, but grew quite fast), a bubble, and a green star polyp. one of my live rock started to grow a sponge, and also some other polyps, and some other growths (dunno what they are!), heavy coralline. the same rock has quite some tunnels inside, and i see a couple of inverts (prawns???) inside walkin around, but never go out. oh, and got 2 snails cleaning crew :eyebrow: bubble getting bigger, and dominoe hosts it. nemo seems hosting one of the bigger zoas <_<

and now i want more and running out of space, so upgrading to 'a little' bigger tank :rolleyes:

anyway, sikiee, thanks. yeah give it a try. i guess the longer you stare at your tank, the more ides you will have. be patient and start slow on filling up with live ones, and not too much. we're all here to help :upsidedown:

thanks for the motivation. now still trying to organise my plans for the tank, main thing wanna settle the temp prob first. thanks!

I support poomoon's idea. The tank lid can definitely be unscrewed n removed.

Instead u can try raising the lid higher, use those pc fans as stand for ur lid, one side supply one side exhaust. Lid stand n cooler 2-in-1.

Since ur tank 1ft, no choice gotta use pl lights. I believe it's 55w white n blue? Anything less ur corals will turn brown very soon.

yupp can be unscrewed. planning on tt. btw my lights one white one blue, powercompact 18w. need 55w so high ah? i only intending to keep mushies/zoas.

• SRC Member
yupp can be unscrewed. planning on tt. btw my lights one white one blue, powercompact 18w. need 55w so high ah? i only intending to keep mushies/zoas.

Lighting requirements depend on the depth of your tank and also the corals you are keeping. Mushies and zoas do not require high light intensity so your current lighting should be sufficient for them.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

Lighting requirements depend on the depth of your tank and also the corals you are keeping. Mushies and zoas do not require high light intensity so your current lighting should be sufficient for them.

thanks, my current not really strong also, should be ok right?

• SRC Member
thanks, my current not really strong also, should be ok right?

I'm not sure what the current you have in your tank right now but basically mushies do not need high currents. They actually prefer low to mid currents.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
oh its 100gph. according to the tank specs given.

That should be fine given the small tank size you have. U should keep to the simpler corals e.g. suns and mushies and maybe others like pumping xenia.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
wow it sounds like you're creating a tsunami in the 6 gallon tank!

I wouldn't be too worried about that since after she adds in the filter media the flow rate will be reduced quite a bit.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
That should be fine given the small tank size you have. U should keep to the simpler corals e.g. suns and mushies and maybe others like pumping xenia.

Some ppl find pumping xenia easy to keep and spread like weeds. Others have lots of difficulty in keeping them.

Suns are easy to keep as long as you target feed them and maintain water quality. Easy, but more troublesome as you have to maintain. I wouldn't recommend them as an easy coral to start off with.

Some ppl find pumping xenia easy to keep and spread like weeds. Others have lots of difficulty in keeping them.

Suns are easy to keep as long as you target feed them and maintain water quality. Easy, but more troublesome as you have to maintain. I wouldn't recommend them as an easy coral to start off with.

need to feed suns ah? mushies/leathers/zoas can do w/o feeding right?