Kimkim's pico tank(5G) log

kimkim23

Will be going there later to get egg crates. Intend to do something to my tank... :eyebrow: Will be selling off a number of my existing corals soon to make space for something... :rolleyes:

Will check for you when I am there. Vitamins for corals huh? Currently using Seachem Reef Plus. I guess not too bad lah. Now ordering the Brightwell CoralAmino from MD to try. Next time will be trying Prodibio Reef Booster also.

Thanks peter bro for being very nice to sms me the price for the epoxy at C328 just now :upsidedown: $16 for everyones' reference.

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Thanks peter bro for being very nice to sms me the price for the epoxy at C328 just now :upsidedown: $16 for everyones' reference.

Think it is the same price at most LFS... :whistle

How much is the other epoxy???

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

lately must open n slightly press to test make sure the two sticks still soft...bought 2 packs one shot nv test...went home find the whole outer layers harden...couldn't use.. no tags no receipt no replacement wor... at east side shop that was closing down though... but no harm testing...pay 1st then test before leave the shop also fine...

Thomas, your tank so small will just need a bit lah.....

come by my place one day. pass you some to try.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Bought my epoxy and coral vitamins today.togather with a wave defrector and thermometer from polyart C328 nv open today sia. I got the aquapharm epoxy. It's red coral line colored and cost $14.

Thanks demon for the advise. Come out shop I opened and tested whether the 2 tubes were still soft. Heh gum xia Jacky for the offer too. Nvm la since I can use for other stuffs at home too.

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member
Bought my epoxy and coral vitamins today.togather with a wave defrector and thermometer from polyart C328 nv open today sia. I got the aquapharm epoxy. It's red coral line colored and cost $14.

Thanks demon for the advise. Come out shop I opened and tested whether the 2 tubes were still soft. Heh gum xia Jacky for the offer too. Nvm la since I can use for other stuffs at home too.

C328 never open today? Strange...

Which coral vitamins u bought? C328 is definately cheaper for coral vitamins and other additives.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

C328 never open today? Strange...

Which coral vitamins u bought? C328 is definately cheaper for coral vitamins and other additives.

Oh I bought a small btl of seacham reef plus which I read u were using too heh. $8 try try 1st bah. Hannor donno simi occasion they nv open today =\

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member
Oh crap realized my tiny canister's flow ain't strong enuf for the deflector to work. Zzz guess I'll bring it back to change something else. Maybe the btl of seacham trace element I was eyeing too lolz :)

Wat deflector is that? Hydor Flo? or something else? Anyway, the Seachem Reef Plus will last you a very long time... :eyebrow:

Not sure if they will allow you to change considering you have already used it...

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Oh crap realized my tiny canister's flow ain't strong enuf for the deflector to work. Zzz guess I'll bring it back to change something else. Maybe the btl of seacham trace element I was eyeing too lolz :)

Bro, yours pico... might not be worth it.

hmm if you want any additives, can come and buy from me.

Bring your own bottles. I pro-rate and sell you.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
auntie at 328 dont open at sunday de =x

Ya...I forgot...Open Mon - Sat 10.30am to 11pm only... :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Wat deflector is that? Hydor Flo? or something else? Anyway, the Seachem Reef Plus will last you a very long time... :eyebrow:

Not sure if they will allow you to change considering you have already used it...

oh its a dymax wave defector.. oh i wanna change this <-- not the btl of seacham plus...haha,ya i believe will last me super long la..dose once or twice a week nia.ok jacky!nxt time bring mani small btls over then buy from u..haha saw u got tons of additives on yr thread~! :pirate: but think i dont wanna dose too mani oso la..haha pico..later become chemical tank :nuke:

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member
oh its a dymax wave defector.. oh i wanna change this <-- not the btl of seacham plus...haha,ya i believe will last me super long la..dose once or twice a week nia.ok jacky!nxt time bring mani small btls over then buy from u..haha saw u got tons of additives on yr thread~! :pirate: but think i dont wanna dose too mani oso la..haha pico..later become chemical tank :nuke:

U can buy those 20ml bottles and go to Jacky's house to get the additives... :eyebrow: I think 20ml can last u more than 1 month if dosing weekly.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Aiyo!no need la bro. Js kidding with u Nia haha. Okok maybe today or tmr I going down again. Let u know if I'm going ;)

Going down to change the deflector??? :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
yupyup. Going down tmr with my gf. Hope the polyart uncle friendly enuf to let me change :s

Hope for the best... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Ytd I tried epoxy my birdnest frags then suddenly whole tank become bubble land!panic then ask Jacky but guess he was busy then heng saw mossrope on msn heng got to ask him. Haha realized my skimmer was going gila then switched it off. Hmm coz I nv kneat the epoxy long enuf. Then I guess the milky thingy made my skimmer go mad. Learned a lesson shall mix the epoxys longer nxt time =\ heng tank nv crash phew!

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• SRC Member
Ytd I tried epoxy my birdnest frags then suddenly whole tank become bubble land!panic then ask Jacky but guess he was busy then heng saw mossrope on msn heng got to ask him. Haha realized my skimmer was going gila then switched it off. Hmm coz I nv kneat the epoxy long enuf. Then I guess the milky thingy made my skimmer go mad. Learned a lesson shall mix the epoxys longer nxt time =\ heng tank nv crash phew!

can epoxy really crash a tank?!? but usually i take a container , after epoxying my coral to the rock i soak them there the transfer to my tanks.

• SRC Member
yupyup. Going down tmr with my gf. Hope the polyart uncle friendly enuf to let me change :s

Managed to change the deflector?

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

BRO, ANY MORE PICS OF YOUR PICO??? :)

Haha. not at the moment bro..would hope to collect some more new corals these few days..and then wanna epoxy the rest of my corals up too.

Guess i'll post new pics after that..1 last missing equipment shd be mind LED light bah.by then my pico shd be fully squeezed up and no more space liao..

i was hoping to rescape abit but decided against it..coz of 'tigger', see him so settled now.dont wanna do anything too drastic to his home oso :pinch:

Shall put a halt soon to the shopping coz will be going hdb nxt mth pick a unit for my successful application..after that gonna think about marriage..wedding bands..reno..alamak alot la..

Further Studies oso dont dare to realli consider for now..wished i could change job oso..but oso not very long in it..job so hard to find without qualification..sign...thats life.. well... :eyeblur:

Anyway of course i realised 1 thing..its sibei hard to quit shopping entirely 1 la for this hobby... :angel:

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...