Hailea Chiller - HC 500A (1/2hp) or HC 300A (1\4)

stevenkoh08

does anyone know how to change the configuration of the RA680 controller, as mine is set at 26 it'll run only at 28 so it 2degree different been google on net can't get.

found one on ultimatereef but the tread die way before the answer is review haiz

oh inthe end i nvr get from the far east i dismantle my teco RA680

item are

1. temp probe

2. the controller

3. the transfomer

4. the power cord

5. 3pin plug w\cover

6. some wire 1m

and mob into an external temp controller take a look at this

as for the probe i drop it in the sump at the overflow compartment

just to add on i set the hc 500a temp at 24, so in case of the teco controll short and a direct at least the temp still keep at 24 lowest

no it won't it just like u off the main power and on back later part.

if u really afriad of it u just get an external probe with two wire type and then brigde it to the original wire to the controller do remove the original connect first.

This chiller indeed did the job at a very good rate with ext thermostat

temp from 28 to 26 only bout 55min and it rest for about 5hrs before it reach 28 again

item inside the sump

4x 35w halogen bulb for algea srcubber

1 deltec turbo skimmer 1250

1 rio 27 return pump also chiller feeder pump

1 BM FR with ehiem 5w feeder pump

1 aquamedic denitrator with 5w china pump

inside the main tank

2 sunsun double head 12w wave maker

one set 52 x 3w LED lighting

This chiller indeed did the job at a very good rate with ext thermostat

temp from 28 to 26 only bout 55min and it rest for about 5hrs before it reach 28 again

item inside the sump

4x 35w halogen bulb for algea srcubber

1 deltec turbo skimmer 1250

1 rio 27 return pump also chiller feeder pump

1 BM FR with ehiem 5w feeder pump

1 aquamedic denitrator with 5w china pump

inside the main tank

2 sunsun double head 12w wave maker

one set 52 x 3w LED lighting

Told you already lor. Wow 5 hour is then long. Mine without ext temp controller can only last for 2 hr plus but my diff is 0.6 Hehehe...

• SRC Supporter
does anyone know how to change the configuration of the RA680 controller, as mine is set at 26 it'll run only at 28 so it 2degree different been google on net can't get.

found one on ultimatereef but the tread die way before the answer is review haiz

bro,do u happen to call a lfs to ask? if yes i can help u.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

Ok here's my input for a 67gallon Tank

using a HC-500A 1/2HP with a flow rate of 1000L/h and external temp thermostate, it need 23min cool down from 28 to 27 interval the resting time will be 4hrs and 20min tumb up for a burget product

• 3 weeks later...
Ok here's my input for a 67gallon Tank

using a HC-500A 1/2HP with a flow rate of 1000L/h and external temp thermostate, it need 23min cool down from 28 to 27 interval the resting time will be 4hrs and 20min tumb up for a burget product

Anyone using HC-500A for a 160G tank? Me on budget too, cant afford JBJ artica. I reckon that the Hailea chiller might be 'under-sized", i on the planning phase of the 'new' tank. I might be running all return pumps externally, LED fixture and with only 1 or 2 wavemaker pump. I be getting a externally controller just like my previous hailea HC-300A.

I understand abt the initial investment vs long term running electrical cost. I guess i be in this hobby for another 1 - 2 years before i shift, so probably i down-size or upgrade again.

Any bros' care to share on their past experience?

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

Anyone using HC-500A for a 160G tank? Me on budget too, cant afford JBJ artica. I reckon that the Hailea chiller might be 'under-sized", i on the planning phase of the 'new' tank. I might be running all return pumps externally, LED fixture and with only 1 or 2 wavemaker pump. I be getting a externally controller just like my previous hailea HC-300A.

I understand abt the initial investment vs long term running electrical cost. I guess i be in this hobby for another 1 - 2 years before i shift, so probably i down-size or upgrade again.

Any bros' care to share on their past experience?

Apologies to the stevenkoh08 for 'hijacking' ur thread......paiseh...

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet