banded coral shrimp with cleaner shrimp?

yo guys, i have a cleaner shrimp in my 2 ft tank, can i get a banded coral shrimp of the same size? will they fight? if not, which other type of other shrimp that is fine with the cleaner? i currently have 5 clown , 2pom pom, 2 turbo snail and 2 hitch hiker crab in my 2 ft tank , tot of getting just 1 more guy for my tank and prefer shrimp... thank you.

I have a cleaner and a banded in my nano tank. So far no issues. They both have different corners of the tank they to hang around. But banded a bit more aggressive.

Does your cleaner attack your pom pom?

I have a cleaner and a banded in my nano tank. So far no issues. They both have different corners of the tank they to hang around. But banded a bit more aggressive.

Does your cleaner attack your pom pom?

so far never see the cleaner do that, but it always attack my hand in the water.

so far never see the cleaner do that, but it always attack my hand in the water.

Is it normal banded boxer or blue/purple banded boxer shrimp?

If normal boxer shrimp... I think still depends luck... I remember we kept once in small 2ft tank in office previously... One normal banded boxer shrimp... always attack fishes and cut other shrimp legs and tentacles... end up all fishes has scar on body...

Cheers..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

It's better not to do so.Me too have experience before keeping those 2 species of shrimp.End day banded coral shrimp rulez... The rest of the shrimp disappear into dunno where...lol

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

It's better not to do so.Me too have experience before keeping those 2 species of shrimp.End day banded coral shrimp rulez... The rest of the shrimp disappear into dunno where...lol

got the banded coral yesterday, tot of getting fire shrimp as a senior here intro, but too bad ah beng dun have it. so far so good ,the cleaner always try to avoid tat guy, any one here has clapping shrimp? find it really cute, clapping his pincer with trubo speed. clap clap clap clap clap clap clap!!!!!!1 :shock:

got the banded coral yesterday, tot of getting fire shrimp as a senior here intro, but too bad ah beng dun have it. so far so good ,the cleaner always try to avoid tat guy, any one here has clapping shrimp? find it really cute, clapping his pincer with trubo speed. clap clap clap clap clap clap clap!!!!!!1 :shock:

Clapping pincer? sond like pistol shrimp... if correct.. you can buy one shrimp goby accompany him..

Pistol Shrimp

http://www.aboutfishonline.com/articles/tiger-pistol-shrimp.html

Shrimp gobies

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/shrimpgobies.htm

For fire shrimp, you can get from CoralFarm.. I saw yesterday... Cheers

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Clapping pincer? sond like pistol shrimp... if correct.. you can buy one shrimp goby accompany him..

Pistol Shrimp

http://www.aboutfishonline.com/articles/tiger-pistol-shrimp.html

Shrimp gobies

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/shrimpgobies.htm

For fire shrimp, you can get from CoralFarm.. I saw yesterday... Cheers

oh bro not the snapping guys ,its the anemone shrimp,

. west coast selling $15 per piece,find the price too steep.

oh bro not the snapping guys ,its the anemone shrimp,

. west coast selling $15 per piece,find the price too steep.

This

White Spot Anemone Shrimp

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+525+700&pcatid=700

or

Sexy Anemone Shrimp

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+525+1135&pcatid=1135

Price of $15, I believe should be the first one "White Spot Anemone Shrimp"... ya, it is at high side... It can be range from 2 purple notes + one gold coin to one red + one green notes...

Both of them like to hover around corals like SuperSun, Hammer, Burble.. the best if you able to keep anemone with them.....

Cheers....

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Sorry to hijack this thread, but has anybody have experience the coral band attacking fishes?

yes. I've encounter. If fishes tends to go near it,it'll definitely hurt the fishes in a way.

That's y I never keep it ever again. As for those who kept him with cleaner or other non aggressive shrimp n happen that never got eaten,I'll say it's just matter of time.

That's because they haven get the chance to meet each other.

Once met,that's it. Cleaner or fire shrimp definitely gonna be no match for him.

His long pincer + his agile movement,boxer shrimp live up to his name!!!

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

yes. I've encounter. If fishes tends to go near it,it'll definitely hurt the fishes in a way.

That's y I never keep it ever again. As for those who kept him with cleaner or other non aggressive shrimp n happen that never got eaten,I'll say it's just matter of time.

That's because they haven get the chance to meet each other.

Once met,that's it. Cleaner or fire shrimp definitely gonna be no match for him.

His long pincer + his agile movement,boxer shrimp live up to his name!!!

Ok now I know what happen to my firefish, spotted blenny, 6 line and bangla blenny. All died with damages found on body, tails or fins.

Time to give this fella up for adoption.

• SRC Member

Ok now I know what happen to my firefish, spotted blenny, 6 line and bangla blenny. All died with damages found on body, tails or fins.

Time to give this fella up for adoption.

Adopt also quite difficult la bro. I seriously dunno wat kind of marine set up r suitable for such shrimp.

So unfriendly wan n hard to mix with.

People who adopt n keep it pls share wat LS u put in your tank???

• SRC Member

I always blinded by their beauty when purchasing those LS.

End up this cannot get along with that.So I become very careful when purchasing.

Will ask before buying etc...

But at time will still accidently repeat my mistake again 

Adopt also quite difficult la bro. I seriously dunno wat kind of marine set up r suitable for such shrimp.

So unfriendly wan n hard to mix with.

People who adopt n keep it pls share wat LS u put in your tank???

No problem with the adoption. I'm giving it back to Ahbeng. The thing is this shrimp is peaceful according to liveaquaria. But it turned out to be the opposite for me.

• SRC Member

This type got pincer pincer wan looks fierce leh. Wonder r they aggressive?

• SRC Member

erm i got one in my tank so far still ok ... do not disturb any other small shrimp ...

Meaning even if they met each other also ok or 1 at each end that's y ok? Lol