Maxspect 110W G1 LED driver spoilt

kuay5

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to change a maxspect 110W driver? My blue LEDs suddenly dimmed by itself.

I understand from dr evil that it is likely that the driver is spoilt. Well techinally it is still under warranty since i bought it in April, but as i have lost my receipt i cannot prove that i bought the set from him. Fully understand. So i need to change it myself

Really appreciate any help i can get.

:ThanxSmiley:

Hi all for the benefit of others(noob like me), below is a reply from maxspect. (Yes they have support people and they respond pretty fast, and in english :welldone: )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For your G1-110w fixture, looks like there is one faulty LED in the Blue LED group, since the G1 model do not have protection IC on each LED bulb, one faulty led could affect the whole group and make all the LEDs dimmed.

Here is the easiest way to find out which LED has problem:

Use 2 pcs of AA battery (1.5v), connect them in series (the output will be 3v in this way). Then use 1 wire to connect the “+ pin” of the battery to the + pin of the LED, and use another wire to connect the “– pin”, the LED should be light up, if you found one led that is very dimmed or can not fire up, just replace this one should be able to solve the problem.

If you can not find any faulty LED, that means the problem is from the controller. It will be very difficult for you to repair the controller by yourself. We would suggest you send us back the faulty controller,

Thanks and Best Regards

Vico Liang

Product Manager

Maxspect Ltd.

Add: #215,66-70,Xia Du RD,Guangzhou,CHINA

Tel: +86-20-89102761;

Mobile: +86-013826214123

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes thanks alot steven. Just to clear things, Steven is helping me check the LED set. It is purely based on his passion as a hobbyist and it is based on mutual trust.

Its very good that we have reefers who are willing to help each other.

As for the email i posted, i emailed maxspect before steven offered to help. So i thought it might be good if i share it in the forum as well.

• SRC Member

Hi all for the benefit of others(noob like me), below is a reply from maxspect. (Yes they have support people and they respond pretty fast, and in english :welldone: )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For your G1-110w fixture, looks like there is one faulty LED in the Blue LED group, since the G1 model do not have protection IC on each LED bulb, one faulty led could affect the whole group and make all the LEDs dimmed.

Here is the easiest way to find out which LED has problem:

Use 2 pcs of AA battery (1.5v), connect them in series (the output will be 3v in this way). Then use 1 wire to connect the "+ pin" of the battery to the + pin of the LED, and use another wire to connect the "– pin", the LED should be light up, if you found one led that is very dimmed or can not fire up, just replace this one should be able to solve the problem.

If you can not find any faulty LED, that means the problem is from the controller. It will be very difficult for you to repair the controller by yourself. We would suggest you send us back the faulty controller,

Thanks and Best Regards

Vico Liang

Product Manager

Maxspect Ltd.

Add: #215,66-70,Xia Du RD,Guangzhou,CHINA

Tel: +86-20-89102761;

Mobile: +86-013826214123

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ops.. sorry steven. i was actually commenting on the above. sorry, if i have made u feel bad. is my mistake not to link the above.