Help My Dory

Hi please help Just put 2 clown fish and a Dory in my recycle tank that has cycle for a 4 weeks. The clown fish was fine, except that the dory keep hiding for two days already.

Tank size: 2x1.5x1.5ft

water parameter:

Salinty: 8.00

Ph: 7.8 ( any way to raise it?)

nitrite: 0

Nitarte :0

Ammonia :0

Chiller temperature set at 25.5 degree

Flow rate for wave maker :4800L/min

use with API test master

LR with coral such as mushroom & leather & sponge

See it has been staying at the same spot for days I never seen it eat.

Please help to see what is the possible cause and I notice It has start to swim sideway like tilted to one side. Please help

dory.jpg

Hi please help Just put 2 clown fish and a Dory in my recycle tank that has cycle for a 4 weeks. The clown fish was fine, except that the dory keep hiding for two days already.

Tank size: 2x1.5x1.5ft

water parameter:

Salinty: 8.00

Ph: 7.8 ( any way to raise it?)

nitrite: 0

Nitarte :0

Ammonia :0

Chiller temperature set at 25.5 degree

Flow rate for wave maker :4800L/min

use with API test master

LR with coral such as mushroom & leather & sponge

See it has been staying at the same spot for days I never seen it eat.

Please help to see what is the possible cause and I notice It has start to swim sideway like tilted to one side. Please help

dory.jpg

4800L/min or 4800L/hr :rolleyes: ?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

You don't need such a low temp, 28 and below is fine for yr fish and corals, save some electricity. As for the bt, it's a shy fish when just introduced. Give it some time to adJust and feed different fd like mysis to get it's attention, it shd come out sensing fd and seeing other fish eating.

Sorry is 2800l/min wave maker , yes I have do a water change after cycling, I add buffer and kh buffer to maintain ph 8.03, sorry got mix up with salinity of 1.03. But my dory I never seen it eat for days. And it have been swimming sideward for long time. If it has white spot, do I need to add medicine ?

Ah. Salinity of 1.030 could be a little too high.

If u can, try to drop it to 1.022 (if not much corals)... Preferably gradually over a few days...

You can save some power bills by upping ur temp to 27 degrees.

Did u acclimitise the new fish before releasing into main tank?

E.g. Place the bag in ur tank for awhile (20-30mins), I usually do 30-45 mins...

And the whole slew of dripping tank water slowly etc etc?

The fish could be still in shock especially if there are other aggressive and established fish...

Just my 2 cents...

For the moment, try to reduce photoperiod, and get salinity lowered.. Hope it helps...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Yes, I did put slowly in tank by the method as recommended, dripping method just that think a bit too fast as I have difficulty keeping the bag afloat in tank as I have open to let tube into the bag. So I take 20 min for the process. But my 2 clown put in no problem same time as dory. What is photoPeriod?

Sorry is 2800l/min wave maker , yes I have do a water change after cycling, I add buffer and kh buffer to maintain ph 8.03, sorry got mix up with salinity of 1.03. But my dory I never seen it eat for days. And it have been swimming sideward for long time. If it has white spot, do I need to add medicine ?

Ya, sg 1.03 is too high.. might be due to evaporation rate Versus Salt Water replenish sg level during WC.. So try lower new salt mix sg level.. slowly bring down yr sg level to 1.023 to 1.025.. Measure both tank and new water when WC.. Also take notes on yr temperature.. Try not exist 30C as your new system lack of self-sustain capability..

Do u see white spot on Tang body? Try Garlic solution on your fish food to promote their appetite.. anyway, try avoid tang for new setup.. normally, they r prone to marine ichs.. unless we do proper preparation...

Cheers and Happy Reefing..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore