New setup for FOWLR: Advise Needed

Hi all! Its been 6yrs since I left my failed Reef Setup. After my honeymoon to Krabi, it reignited what I thought was gone. Finally I got my own place and decided to custom a tank to our renovation works.

I need advice on the following items as I've been so out of touch and currently trying to get back..

Tank Size : 4ft(L) x 2.5ft(H) x 1.5(W)

- the width here is the issue, whether it is sufficient for FOWLR setup coz of space constrains

Substrates : For reef setup it is advisable to keep it mininum to prevent toxic build ups. Is it advisable to keep it

deep 5in) or lesser for FOWLR?

Equipments needed :

1) Chiller

2) skimmer

3) lights

4) denitrification

5) UV stirilizer

5) anything for phosphate?

(PLease add/remove and pls recommend cheap and reliable brand the shop where possible)

Anything I left out? Any other advice for newbies like me?

Thank you sooo very much!

• SRC Member

If u intend to keep fowlr, guess u jus need a skimmer, light, wave maker n uv. As for chiller is not a must. Jus extra thing to make ur fish happy. Im keepin fowlr wit mainly angel fish. All r doin well so far. All e best bro for ur new setup... :)

Thnx cool guy!

What's your tank width n how many fishes you keep in ur tank?

As my tank will be inside a cabinet, I worry that the temp might build up.

If u intend to keep fowlr, guess u jus need a skimmer, light, wave maker n uv. As for chiller is not a must. Jus extra thing to make ur fish happy. Im keepin fowlr wit mainly angel fish. All r doin well so far. All e best bro for ur new setup... :)

Oh, may I highlight thst I've not yet custom my tank yet and I need you opinion on its width. Thnx! ;)

I would suggest a 2ft wide. Boarder would make it more spacious and easier to arrange your rocks. If space permits, then you should consider going for 2 1/2ft. Just my 2 cents.