New 1.5FT Cube Tank

malmah

Good Am Ladies and Gents,

After almost 6 months of negotiation with my WIFE, finally, she agreed to allow me to Re-start a S/W Tank again. Of course, in return, she recieve a IPhone 4 and LV Bag.

My New 1.5 Ft Cube Tank arrived on last Saturday (from ML, Mr Henry) and set up on last Sunday.

Description:

1.5 Ft Cube with Sump

Return Pump : 2500 l/hr, 55 Watts

Skimmer, Bubble Magus NAC3+

Chiller Artica DB 50 (1/15 hp) - reused from my last Fresh water Tank.

Maxspec 110w LED Light.

At present, the tank is just started Cycling, Micro Bubble returned to the Main Tank, believe it need to Run In and Fine Tune and still thinking/planning what to keep.

Hope thing go well. And for sure, will need Advise and Help from the Senior and Expert in this Forum.

Attached Photos.

Thks/rgds.

Malvin

post-17862-051733200 1291597119_thumb.jp

post-17862-061514200 1291597135_thumb.jp

post-17862-010494700 1291597144_thumb.jp

post-17862-087951400 1291597153_thumb.jp

post-17862-049135800 1291597162_thumb.jp

post-17862-001213100 1291597172_thumb.jp

post-17862-063152800 1291597182_thumb.jp

post-17862-067043800 1291597189_thumb.jp

nice..will be watching this thread.

Please update on performance of NAc3 too. I am running a nano and will be keen to see if the NAC does the job well.

As for the micro bubbles, it may be from the skimmer return. By experience, i suggest that u add another 2 pieces of glass as baffles at the section where water flows to where the return pump is. I understand that this situation might be improved over time as the skimmer plastic rids itself of its oil surface. However there will still be some bubbles ,like it or not.

All experienced tank makers should advise on that, unless you requested for the baffles not to be there. It solves a whole lot of micro bubbles issues created by skimmers etc.

Do google and research on baffles if you are not too sure what i am talking about. :)

btw, with the iphone4 and LV bag, i am sure u made your wife very happy:)

Looking at the pict posted, there are already baffles in place, I believe the micobubbles are from new piping, these are common during new set-up, they are remnant air pockets that got trapped in the pipeworks and some may be from the joints and elbow that are not fully seal (due to white tape and silicone not fully cured). The problem will auto-remedy after a while. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Thanks Mr Skinbone & Gouldian for your Good Advise.

Yes, there is Extra Baffles Plate (Desig by ML, Mr Henry) before the Return Compartment.

I do observed that the Micro Bubbles is from the Skimmer, believe need to Run IN another couple of day and Fine Tune. Will sure check/highlight the Skimmer's Performance.

Rgds.

malvin

nice..will be watching this thread.

Please update on performance of NAc3 too. I am running a nano and will be keen to see if the NAC does the job well.

As for the micro bubbles, it may be from the skimmer return. By experience, i suggest that u add another 2 pieces of glass as baffles at the section where water flows to where the return pump is. I understand that this situation might be improved over time as the skimmer plastic rids itself of its oil surface. However there will still be some bubbles ,like it or not.

All experienced tank makers should advise on that, unless you requested for the baffles not to be there. It solves a whole lot of micro bubbles issues created by skimmers etc.

Do google and research on baffles if you are not too sure what i am talking about. :)

btw, with the iphone4 and LV bag, i am sure u made your wife very happy:)

To: Mr Skinbone,

Attached the Photos of the Skimmer Performance after One day.

Thks/rgds.

malvin

post-17862-088254100 1291630149_thumb.jp

post-17862-063555100 1291630165_thumb.jp

post-17862-053859000 1291630184_thumb.jp

Good decent skimmate, thanks for sharing! :welldone:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

iPhone4 and LV bag... Your 1.5' cube is quite an investment. Looking forward to see it blossom. iPhone4 and LV bag... Your 1.5' cube is quite an investment. Looking forward to see it blossom. Copious and good quality skimmate. Good skimmer.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

That skimmer can only be bought in Hongkong? Cause i'm hoping to get one.

Some LFS in Singapore must have this product. I think Jireh has it. Maybe the other bros can advise. I also need to find out the cheapest price that we can get this skimmer in singapore.

I checked the price in HK and it is only $100. So if singapore price is $100-140, i think i will get it in singapore. Anything above that i get it from HK.

That skimmer can only be bought in Hongkong? Cause i'm hoping to get one.

To: Mr Ukiya

Correct me if I am wrong, Delighting or Jireh is the Shop which bring in this Skimmer. My was Packaged with the Complete Tank from ML, Mr Henry.

Thks/rgds.,

malvin

iPhone4 and LV bag... Your 1.5' cube is quite an investment. Looking forward to see it blossom. iPhone4 and LV bag... Your 1.5' cube is quite an investment. Looking forward to see it blossom. Copious and good quality skimmate. Good skimmer.

To: Mr Iskay,

The Iphone 4 (Bare Phone with No Contract) and the LV Bag are cost more than Sgd 2k plus. I guess, I am paying more than anybody for the 1.5FT Cube Tank Set. Ha Ha.

Thks/rgds.

malvin

Some LFS in Singapore must have this product. I think Jireh has it. Maybe the other bros can advise. I also need to find out the cheapest price that we can get this skimmer in singapore.I checked the price in HK and it is only $100. So if singapore price is $100-140, i think i will get it in singapore. Anything above that i get it from HK.

Oh, cause I'm flying to Hongkong this coming Friday. Still I'm not really sure where to look for when I'm there!

To: Mr UkiyaCorrect me if I am wrong, Delighting or Jireh is the Shop which bring in this Skimmer. My was Packaged with the Complete Tank from ML, Mr Henry.Thks/rgds.,malvin

I see!! How much is the package total?

Oh, cause I'm flying to Hongkong this coming Friday. Still I'm not really sure where to look for when I'm there!

I see!! How much is the package total?

Just found out through Jireh that they have the item for $150+. Might be able to squeeze some discount. I think get in singapore is easier for me as i will be travelling with family. Not quite worth the trouble to save $40 dollars.

Just found out through Jireh that they have the item for $150+. Might be able to squeeze some discount. I think get in singapore is easier for me as i will be travelling with family. Not quite worth the trouble to save $40 dollars.

Good AM Mr Skinbone,

Yes, consider the dimension of Packing Box, it will much quite troublesome to carry it back from Hong Kong.

You can check with Mr Henry, ML - I think he can give a slightly lower price?

Thks/rgds.

malvin

Good AM Mr Skinbone,

Yes, consider the dimension of Packing Box, it will much quite troublesome to carry it back from Hong Kong.

You can check with Mr Henry, ML - I think he can give a slightly lower price?

Thks/rgds.

malvin

Haha you are so ever polite with the salutation. No need for 'Mr' la. We are all reefers. Just be casual.

Anyway, thanks for your recommendation. I bought it from Jireh yesterday. It is not much cheaper but the lady boss provides good service. For this kind of small item, the margins are usually quite tight and not much discount can be given.

I bought the NAc3.5 instead of theNac3+. No particular research on it. Just that since it is a newer version so i bought it. On hindsight, the NAC3+ might be the better skimmer because it has a bigger neck. I remember reading somewhere that a bigger neck is always better. But so far i am happy cos it seems to be working pretty well.

Cheers!

Haha you are so ever polite with the salutation. No need for 'Mr' la. We are all reefers. Just be casual.

Anyway, thanks for your recommendation. I bought it from Jireh yesterday. It is not much cheaper but the lady boss provides good service. For this kind of small item, the margins are usually quite tight and not much discount can be given.

I bought the NAc3.5 instead of theNac3+. No particular research on it. Just that since it is a newer version so i bought it. On hindsight, the NAC3+ might be the better skimmer because it has a bigger neck. I remember reading somewhere that a bigger neck is always better. But so far i am happy cos it seems to be working pretty well.

Cheers!

Good Am Skinbone,

Thanks and you are welcome.

Rgds.

malvin

• 3 weeks later...

Good Day Gentleman and Ladies,

After 3 weeks of Cycling and Tunning. Finally my Simple Tank is ready to receive LS.

Attached some Simple Photos (I apologise of the Poor Image):

For sure, there's still a lot of things to be done and rectify. And sure need All Experts and Seniors in this Forum to Enlighten me.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Thks/rgds.

malvin

post-17862-0-65988800-1293150093_thumb.j

post-17862-0-46769100-1293150103_thumb.j

post-17862-0-32452300-1293150117_thumb.j

post-17862-0-19859700-1293150379_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Malvin,

Patience is the key to success in marine and you have done it! :welldone:

Nice pair of percs, thanks for sharing.

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• 5 months later...

To: All Bros and Sis

after almost One year of struggled to rectify the Algae issue and studied from this forum, atleast now slightly better (rather than every 2 to 3 days cleaning of algaes)

Almost give up during the progress to control the algaes issue, however, everytime log in the forum and seen Bros/Sis in here thier succeed, it had inspired me to carry on.

Thanks. And here my Tank.

Malvin

post-17862-0-69271600-1309671802_thumb.j

post-17862-0-93294900-1309671823_thumb.j