Air Bubbles in Tank

Hi Bros,

Need some advice on current situation of my tank. It's a new tank that was cycling for 2wks before I went overseas. Before I left, topped up with DI and water looked fine. Last reading for ammonia: 0.25

Was away for close to a wk and my family reported that too much water have evaporated and return pump was making noise as the water level was too low. They topped up with DI. When I came back, noticed lots of air bubbles on the under side of LR and along the under side of the corner of over flow.

Noticed the return pump sucking in some air so topped up with more DI. Tested the water yest and Nitrate was 0 and Sg 1.024. Bubbles still on LR and side if the overflow. Read that new tank may have Nitrate bubble and bubbles do form if return pump suck in air.

Does it matter? Is the anything I shld do to manually get rid of the bubbles? Thanks!

I did notice the return pump

The bubbles on the rock should be cause by the return pump running low on water level earlier, but it should be fine if you have check all the water parameter. You can either shake your rock a little inside the water to remove the bubble on the rock or it should be gone after some time.

The bubbles on the rock should be cause by the return pump running low on water level earlier, but it should be fine if you have check all the water parameter. You can either shake your rock a little inside the water to remove the bubble on the rock or it should be gone after some time.

Ok great! Thanks all!

• SRC Member

Another way to remove the bubbles on the rocks without touching the LS due to u have already scaped them,u can use a wave maker n blow at the place where bubbles r seen!

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!