Frogfish clean up crew compatibility

samuel88

hi, i'd like to know if i have hermit crabs in my tank would a frogfish eat it? since they're such voracious eaters.

and since i'm asking about hermit crabs, what other clean up crew would a frogfish eat? like snails, urchins, seastars, etc.

• SRC Member

hi, i'd like to know if i have hermit crabs in my tank would a frogfish eat it? since they're such voracious eaters.

and since i'm asking about hermit crabs, what other clean up crew would a frogfish eat? like snails, urchins, seastars, etc.

Snails, starfishes, sea urchins should be safe. Do keep your froggy well-fed.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

I think other than fishes and prawns that can fit into it's mouth,the rest should be fine...

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

Do note that froggies can take on prey their own size.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

thanks for the input guys, i saw some videos on youtube when ppl were feeding their frogfish, and occasionally i would see a hermit crab running around in the back ground so i just wanted to confirm they wouldn't eat em.

can't imagine what would happen if a frogfish swallowed an urchin, ouch.