Tentative plans for 5ft

Tanggy

Well my point exactly lor. save power!! if only 200watt even better!! means even less power bill to pay. Anyway did open it up. dont state HP on the compressor. Dont think it's a good way to judge by size. anyway it's bigger than my last 1/4HP.

It didn't state the HP on the compressor but it state the model and brand of the compressor.

Then by referring from the manufacturer's website, get the model and so it's rating in watts.

I am not judging by size but rather but by the power rating of the compressor. Makes me wonder how the manufacturer rates the power of their chiller :P

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

I changed the temp setting of my chiller. Now the temp is between 26.1 - 27.1. Due to this, the chiller run time is considerably shorter. he he.... trying to save powere bill leh. Have calculated that the powere comsumption of the lights, 4pumps, 3 powerhead, chiller will cost around $80+ monthly with the MH set to run 8hrs daily and antinic blue running 14hrs. :(

• SRC Member

Didnt take down the time. but the tank took slightly longer to raise by 1deg and the run time to cool by 1deg also drop. now around 2 hrs instead of 2.5. Wanting to track but my web cam software cannot do periodic capture leh. if I leave it on for 24 hrs probably take way took my diskspace.

Weileong, how did you check yours??

I used this software to take one frame every one min.

Then after 24hrs you just go back look at the temp reading you know the run time already.

http://www.kolban.com/webcam32

Do it for 24hrs and it won't fill up your hardisk.

Perhaps I should increase my tank temp by 0.5degs so it goes 25.5 to 27degs, should help on the electrical bills too and probably the chiller just run for 4hrs a day heheh.

Did you read my latest results after I removed those 2 nasty pumps?

run time is around 5.5 hrs a day at 25 degs with HY at 1.5 degs.

Cos from what you mentioned and I think also logical, should be able to get it to run below 5hr.

Hiak need to setup and experiment again but will do it only after I get the MD55.

On my part it's not so much as to save power but the shorter time the chiller run the lesser heat produced. Yes the chiller runs hotter when it is runner but when it's not running the exhaust don't produce heat then more cooling for me. That was my intention when I choose the 1.25hp rather than a 0.5hp which would work for my tank.

• SRC Member
well think it's a phase every new tank go through. My previous tank went through a samll outbreak of diatoms but went away on its own after a while. and as the tank matures, no prob liao. so hows your 4ft coming along?? fully stock yet? you were saying you are getting a new pump rite??

how long will u start to experience diatoms and wen will u get them to diasppear.

once diappear izzit means wun appear again already?

dun really understand the books!haha too brief liao! :lol:

• SRC Member

The norm for a 1.25hp chiller is around 1000 -1200watt but will varies a bit depending on manufacturer.

As for the diatom. can last for weeks or longer. It all depends on the tank LS and water conditions and light used. So no one can give you a definite answer. Just keep your NO3 and PO4 as low as you can and that will minimise it if not stop it. But you can just do maintenence and let it be. It will normally go away if your tank condition is kept high. :lol:

• SRC Member

You scare me man DA, For a moment I thought the Tang police were after me!! ke ke.... and I only have 3!! although quite big la.

Well I'll have to see lor. so far so good. They have lotsa hiding places. The rocks are all held up with egg crates so the back got ample space.

Was thinking of getting some square anthias, any advise?? I know they are big but very the sui leh. Thinking of buy 4-5 is that too much??