wat to do ??

Hmmm, using underflow sump? Maybe u can silicon a short glass, the height of your intended sand level, about 1 inch away from the underflow to seperate the sand from the underflow area. Just my 2cent.

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Tank with underflow is usually meant for bare bottom(BB) setup. There are 2 things you can do :

(1)If you intent to have sand now but may decide to go BB in the future, you can cut small pieces of sponge to block the gap.

(2)To permanently block the gap, you can use aquarium epoxy(used for joining LR together) to block the gap.

It may be a little tricky to do this while your underflow is running. If you intend to temporarily shut down the return pump, pls. check 1st to make sure it will not cause a flood.

• SRC Member

Can also convert it into an overflow but adding a PVC pipe overflow.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

If you convert to overflow, your flow rate will be less affected.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)