BM skimmer water level problem

tansh

• SRC Member

Hi,i bought a BM 3.5 cone skimmer but the water level not stable like go up and down 1 cm.My skimmer in the sump tank water level is stable at 9inch.The recommend water level for skimmer is 8-10inchs.Any advice what did i do wrong or any solution to keep water level stable?

Thks.

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• SRC Member

1st thing I would do is to dismantle & clean all the parts. Then try again.

You can also test it in a pail of water to see if the same issue persist.

Seek advise from LFS where you purchased from, especially if it's still under warranty.

• SRC Member

1st thing I would do is to dismantle & clean all the parts. Then try again.

You can also test it in a pail of water to see if the same issue persist.

Seek advise from LFS where you purchased from, especially if it's still under warranty.

I hv alrdy dismentle and clean all the parts.Run the skimmer on another small tank with different water level still the same.Call the LFS and told me need few days for skimmer to break in.Is it normal for new skimmer with water level unstable cos so far i never encouter new skimmer with unstable water level <_<

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• SRC Member

i also using the same skimmer, but dont have this problem. And it dont need a few days for the water to stable in the skimmer. better check the pump..

Thks.Will let it run for another 2 days.If same problem will return back to LFS for exchange.

My decomm 4ft FOWLR