Sea Water or Fresh Water with Salt for Nano Reefs

Oprime

Good Afternoon Mateys. Have any of you guys used sea water for your tanks instead of conditioned water? What are the results? Its not difficult for us to fill our buckets here in Singapore. Looking forward to receiving your views:-)

AH SIANG KISS MY ARSE

i use sea water that i buy from the fish farm. personally i think its good coz so far my small zoas, feather dusters, and livestock are doing great. mabe they survice coz they are the hardy species. lol. anyways ive been using them ever since i started my tank back in november 2010. for a start if you dunt wish to get those water purifier and mix ur own salt, you can go for the sea water option. since urs is a nano like mine, it shouldnt be too troublesome to buy a few bags of sea water once or every two weeks for water change. so far its been good for me. Btw I couldn't comment on salt coz ive yet to use them. perhaps other with prior experience could offer some views on the different brand of salts they use. anyways happy reefing!

Since it is just a nano tank, I would Recommand u to use salt mix instead . You would have a better water parameter as compare to using seawater.