Particles on the corals and LRs

Hi reefers, i am not sure if u can see the little particles on the coral and LRs, any idea what are they? coz they seems to grow very fast, what are the ways to get rid of 'em?

post-15016-1240677440.jpg

After dosing bacteria cultures, i have them occasionally too. Before the Bacs, i dont have them. For me, they seemed more like hairy clumps of dirt instead. Wonder why too.

Anyone?

suppose if you don't like them, you can always use to toothbrush (clean it well first). if the particles are on the coral, use your hand and 'fan' it away. i read that you are actually supposed to 'fan' your corals every week or 2 as particles tend to accumulate in them. keeps them healthy and dust free.

• SRC Member

I have these in my 1.5 year old empty deserted 2ft tank which was for my seahorses. Its debris dirt created from hermit crab's dump, live rock debris, etc.

You have to suck it out in order to clean up from your tank or else it will re-settle down again on the other LR. Then increase the flow to prevent debris sitting there. Slight algae will grow after cleaning.

I dont really care on mine as not planned to have seahorse there yet. I just remain the tank is still cycling to prevent a dead tank.