GoldenAngel + FlameAngel = WWIII?

Golden + Flame = No more pratas, cyanrinas... :P

Try introducing the Golden Angel 1st and allowing it to stabilise for 2-3 weeks b4 you add the Flame... Goldens are shy and timid in nature and unless u have a big tank, chances are dat the Golden would be stressed to death by other angels b4 having a chance to stabilise...

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

got my goldie, abt a yr back... it was the first pygmy, in a 5 month old tank. I jus released it into the main tank w/o QT... it went into hiding for abt two weeks. Started eating hand fed food only aft 6 weeks... Abt tt time, a potteri was introduced... abt 1 cm bigger. The potteri is a very aggressive fish, jus after 1 day, and it started to fight back with the more established and bigger maroon clown fish and a Purple tang. Before long, the other fishes "respected" it...

Your golden pygmy will very likely be bullied... saw one in Iwarna's display being chased away be a flame angel... Vincent is right, they're shy and timid... but quite intelligent and mindful of its place... Saw mine dance circles around the the bully potteri... at some stages it will be behind the potteri's tail, like tom and jerry. :lol:

don't think there will be WW btw them... they jus need their space...

• SRC Member
got my goldie, abt a yr back... it was the first pygmy, in a 5 month old tank. I jus released it into the main tank w/o QT... it went into hiding for abt two weeks. Started eating hand fed food only aft 6 weeks... Abt tt time, a potteri was introduced... abt 1 cm bigger. The potteri is a very aggressive fish, jus after 1 day, and it started to fight back with the more established and bigger maroon clown fish and a Purple tang. Before long, the other fishes "respected" it...

Your golden pygmy will very likely be bullied... saw one in Iwarna's display being chased away be a flame angel... Vincent is right, they're shy and timid... but quite intelligent and mindful of its place... Saw mine dance circles around the the bully potteri... at some stages it will be behind the potteri's tail, like tom and jerry. :lol:

don't think there will be WW btw them... they jus need their space...

The problem is my flame is already estab in the tank, now I notice the golden keeps hiding and the flame and yellow tang tag team on the golden.

If things dont go too well, think this weekend It'll need to rearrange all my rockscape and create 2 reef systems hopefully this will help :(

• SRC Member

I wud gv it time.. to adjust... if you're happy with the rock works.. don't change it for the sake of the golden pygmy... its not gonna to help her and the rest adjust.. if fact the reverse wud likely happen... the insecurity of the new setttings will cause the other fishes to establish/de-mark the "new grounds" as theirs.. this will likely cause a great deal of tension btw all fishes there...

pls, imho, your best chances wud be to "jus leave it alone" - in the main tank, let them adjust in time... its very natural for her to hide... don't be overly worried. It will turn out fine. :)

• SRC Member
I wud gv it time.. to adjust... if you're happy with the rock works.. don't change it for the sake of the golden pygmy... its not gonna to help her and the rest adjust.. if fact the reverse wud likely happen... the insecurity of the new setttings will cause the other fishes to establish/de-mark the "new grounds" as theirs.. this will likely cause a great deal of tension btw all fishes there...

pls, imho, your best chances wud be to "jus leave it alone" - in the main tank, let them adjust in time... its very natural for her to hide... don't be overly worried. It will turn out fine. :)

Thanks for the advice guys.

Whether I'll reshape the rockscape; have to see what's the situation is like on Sat. *fingers crossed*.

Hopefully don't have to go to that extreme.

Btw, what do u feed Goldies? I tried OCean Nutrition formula 1&2 but so far no success :(

Any ideas?

• SRC Member

I didn't. I tried for a while... it wouldn't 'bite'.. so I gave up after trying for abt 1 wk. I jus fed as per normal for the other fishes. I did noticed that the fish liked to peck on the LR.. and tt was comforting... it shows that the fish knows how to look out for itself... it started to feed on food that drifted towards its direction abt the 6th week... after that it was easy... she would ambush the excess food floating towards her.. nowadays she take formula 2, nori, cylopeeze, frozen brine shrimp, almost anything that floats across.

Roidan use a clip to feed vegies.... you may like to try that out... not sure on what type of vege that was thou'.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Whether I'll reshape the rockscape; have to see what's the situation is like on Sat. *fingers crossed*.

Hopefully don't have to go to that extreme.

Btw, what do u feed Goldies? I tried OCean Nutrition formula 1&2 but so far no success :(

Any ideas?

Bro, I know of people who have Goldens dat peck rocks only, never surfacing to compete for food, so dun be overly worried... it will be fine... :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

okie, but its kinda "stoopid" that my whole tank full of cyclopleeze.. all the of fishes (yellow tang, flame, firegobies) makaning all the 'free' food flying left right centre and my dear golden fren rather peck at the rock. :blink:

Another worrying sight; I seen goldie pecking at my sea fan too.... <_<

Challenging huh?

• SRC Member

Hurray!!! :lol:

An update for everyone; I have since added another 3 Kg of live rocks into my tank to create more 'escape' holes for the golden angel to swim into and also choose live rocks that are full of green alge for everyone (flame, golden, yellow tang) to graze on.

Seems like things are much better now; although sometimes the flame and YT do chase and nip at the golden.

But its not as severe. 

This morning Icaught the flame and golden sleeping together! :blink:

Hope this is the start of a beautiful relationship; until I get another flame  :evil:

Thanks for the advice given to me by everyone  :paiseh: