Looking Suunto Mosquiot

yazid

• SRC Member

I'm looking for a Dive Comp. Probably a Suunto Mosquito.

Anyone knows any best place to buy them? Know anywhere selling cheaper than $450?

2nd hand Mosquito can be considered.

• SRC Member
y u want to get mosquito???

heard that com has many problem including displaying wrong depth.

That was the quite an old batch of Mosquito.

Suunto already fix the problem.

• SRC Member
I think used Mosquito for about 40 dives. It works fine for me.

You can try Raymond at Concourse. I think equipments are cheaper there.

I was thinking there was a guy called Raymond tauting to sell fake Suunto Mosquito at Concourse.. :lol:

• SRC Member
I'm looking for a Dive Comp. Probably a Suunto Mosquito.

Anyone knows any best place to buy them? Know anywhere selling cheaper than $450?

2nd hand Mosquito can be considered.

yazid,

i had the same problem when i was considering what Dive comp to get.

From what i know, mossie and stinger, their battery life is abt max 1.5 yrs coz it has a watch feature that tells the time.. if u want to get a dive comp, get one solely for that function.

Ask yourself a couple of question first,

1.What are the main functions that u want to get from the dive comp? depth? Temperature? dive time? If that is so, u can get them simply with a dive watch eg, Citizen Digital Dive water like hyperland or something like that.. They do not calculate your dive profile.

2. Do u intent to consider Nitrox or will be taking nitrox later? If so, get one with nitrox function so that in the event should u want to get nitrox certified.

3. Consider the screen and the font size of the number when showing on the face of the dive comp.. too small, u would have to act as if u are very short-sighted :lol:

4. Does the battery enable u to change it yourself? Personally, i would prefer to let the professional change the batteries coz after doing so, they would subject the dive watch or comp to pressure testing. This will ensure that it wun leak or give way to pressure during your dives.

I'm using Aladin Pro Nitrox... hehehe.. :D even though i'm not nitrox certified...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

I need a Dive computer more for safety reasons. Because I can make error using RDP.

a. Max depth indicator

b. Ascent rate monitor/Alarm

c. Full decompression data

d. Audible Alarm

e. Safety stop

f. Dive time in/out

8. Temperature display

Most importantly, if I would have to spent the money on this Dive Comp, I would definitely like to use it everyday like a normal watch to

justify it use. It definitely have to be small.

Suunto Mosquito looks like a good candidate.

Hi all;

It is me, the kaypo again.

Just to correct a few things being mentioned in here. The batch of mosquito having problems are actually the newer ones.

How do you differentiate them? Look at the screen. The good old fashion ones has green and yellow markings at the rim of the dive computer.

The new ones have red and white markings on it.

Basically, if your Suunto dive computer has problems during the warranty period, you can send it back to Finland for repair (usually about two to three months).

If the dive shop you bought the computer from is good, they might even give you an immediate replacement.

Kelstorm is right, select your dive computer based on your needs and OF COURSE, your budget.

DO NOT GIAM on this item. A dive computer is your best friend when you are diving in regions such as Thailand.

• SRC Member
I need a Dive computer more for safety reasons. Because I can make error using RDP.

a. Max depth indicator

b. Ascent rate monitor/Alarm

c. Full decompression data

d. Audible Alarm

e. Safety stop

f. Dive time in/out

8. Temperature display

Most importantly, if I would have to spent the money on this Dive Comp, I would definitely like to use it everyday like a normal watch to

justify it use. It definitely have to be small.

Suunto Mosquito looks like a good candidate.

Yazid,

Pts A,B,D,F,G can be found in dive watch.. hahaha..

Mossie look a bit cheapo coz it is plastic coating.. looks like a casio.. go for stinger.. cool and stylo.. :lol: also stylo on your wallet after paying it... :(

just a note, to use it everyday, means that the battery will wear out faster... and runs the risk of it dying out on u when u dive... scary.. still need to learn how to use the RDP.... opps.. time for me to refresh my knowledge on this...

:angel:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Kel,

Ok...ok... Mosquito is out.

I'll get a gigantic one for diving only.

How much is your Aladdin Pro Nitrox?

I wish it got a wireless transmitter so that I can communicate with

another diver through the gadget. Sounds futuristic. Sound like a waterproof IPAQ. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
Kel,

Ok...ok... Mosquito is out.

I'll get a gigantic one for diving only.

How much is your Aladdin Pro Nitrox?

I wish it got a wireless transmitter so that I can communicate with

another diver through the gadget. Sounds futuristic. Sound like a waterproof IPAQ. :rolleyes:

there is a wireless IPAQ.. and it is less than $20... white in color.. some are curved, some are squarish... it is called "slate" :P

hahaha...

for a moment i thought u wanted a dive comp with wireless transmitter to the first stage.. that is really EXPENSIVE :o

as for my aladin pro nitrox, i got it at a special rate... but right now, i'm thinking of getting Oceanic dive comp instead... but dun know what to do with this... sigh.. u want? PM me and we can negotiate.. hehehe.. :lol:

• SRC Member
by the way is u com this???recall

the shape is different but i check it anyway.. thanks..

• SRC Member
nio no no there is a very good dive com on the market, it is big and easy to understand,hell it is even uses by the profersonals. and wats more its cheap

it is called.....................

dive table. :P

hahaha.. good one.. i would prefer the wheel though... finds it better.. learnt how to use it during Advance.. but lack of practice, perhaps forgotten how to use it already.. hahaha :lol:

was thinking of getting one but at almost $90??? :( stick to my dive comp.. :P

• SRC Member
btw those who r using the padi dive table pls note that there is a recall on them

thanks.. better go back to check...

• SRC Member

Looks like Dive Computer and RDP also get recall... sigh!

I guess I have to based on gut feeling... B)

Can I know what dive computer you Divers are using?

• SRC Member

if not, just follow the DM or instructor lor.. sure safe one.. hehehe..

• SRC Member

not really there was a time i went diving and the dive shop put a new dm in charge thur out the dives, he was the 1st one to surface while we r doing our stops and u imagine a dm tell me tat during the safety stop out of air :D

i personally using vyper