Restart of Marine Tank

klim

• SRC Member

woah... we took the picture from the same angle. I am new to marine tank. =)

Nice!

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

Btw I also have similar experience with LRs covered with nuisance Algae. I bought some dead rocks as I thought dead rocks will ease me the problem of unwanted pests. Put it into my 24g and in a matter of days it was full of algae!

Took it out placed it into a tub fill it with fresh mixed Salt water cover it total darkness. Every week I will take it out give it a good brush and change 100% water.....

After 2-3 months I gave up algea wins !! Lol !

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

My tank had he dead rock and sand running since 30th May. I just setup the tank with mixed salt and running till now there wasn't a trace of algae.

Properly I have not switch on the light or have any live stocks yet

Hope I won't run into the problem of algae.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I met a reefer today at iwarnar. He told me he is restarting the interest and is considering the new Razor. Before departing, he introduced himself as Kelvin. Are you the guy ?

• SRC Member

Update of my tank....

Managed to fabricate some piping for my ATS using the flow from the IOS. Also got the light bulb and aluminum plate from JB. This will be useful when I have any LS.

Currently no LS in the tank as I am getting all my equipment and let the water cycled.

Although been in this forum for that many years, but I am really a newbie to this hobby. Lots of things only know a bit here and there. Hence hope to have bro n sis to give advise while I drive myself on this road and don't cause any LS from harm.

Now still looking for appropriate skimmer for my tank and must able to house in-sump which only have a footprint of 9"x9". Quite a challenge since nowadays all skimmer are huge size. However I can't get a skimmer that is under size which will not able to support my tank and LS. (tank is 4x2x2.5 and sump. Is 3x1x1)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD