Aquastyle DIY LED Kit

oceanviper

• SRC Member

Hi there.

Just to share some of the points here for reefer who like to DIY their own LED with kits purchased from Aquastyle.

Below are the kits contents

The connection would be simple.

The dimming would be control by the resistance connected across the white wire as shown in the photo.

post-16802-0-48605100-1321492924_thumb.j

post-16802-0-72492100-1321492940_thumb.j

post-16802-0-71437900-1321492948_thumb.j

post-16802-0-43116700-1321492969_thumb.j

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member

Hi, can i enquire where u got the kit from? Thanks!:)

Fresh fishes and inverts! What's next? To the salty side of marine of course!:)

"Never to part, lest jealous heaven stole our hearts"

• SRC Member

Hi bro.

The kits can be obtained from Aquastyle.

I'm not using this kits as i have my own DIY using MeanWell LED driver and BO LEDs from another reefer quite some time ago.

I'm just helping out some reefer since they have intention to purchase it.

I'm not sure whether actual purchase have been issue, but if you interested, I can help to check with him.

Probably you guys can share the shipping charges.

• Like 1

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member

Can bro, do help me check and let me know if there's any catalogue or pricing. Thanks!:)

Fresh fishes and inverts! What's next? To the salty side of marine of course!:)

"Never to part, lest jealous heaven stole our hearts"

• SRC Member

Welcome to the LED lighting....

Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

• 4 weeks later...

just bought the 36 x LED DIY Dimmable Kit (18x3w white,18x3w royal blue). wanna give it a try. will update and review for the benefit of others once i get the kit.

oh btw total cost with shipping is SGD$209.

The Best Way Is To Keep It Simple.

Okay, Just an update. Received the package within 3 days from online ordering. Actual Delivery took 2 working days to arrive at doorstep. it took me 2 hours to assemble the components together. You can view the pictures of the components

Aquastyle Dimmable 36 LED Light 18 White, 18 Royal Blue With Heat Sink and Fan

Please note that the light effect in the pictures does not justify the actual light effect. You have to see it for yourself to believe. B)

Not": was given the 2 additional LEDs free(1 White, 1 royal Blue), hanging kit and digital thermometer FOC. they did not state this when i made the order. was quite surprised about the hanging kit :)

hey bro. no prob! have you check out the link i gave? will lead u to the pictures of the components and two pictures of the tank with the new LEDs. :) Sorry got no videos... if have also, the video can't capture the actual lighting effects and brightness...

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys.

The lens that came with the set are transparent. Will they be an eyesore when the lights are on? I'm considering if i should spray paint the sides black before snapping them on..

the chips are stuck on the heatsink with some thermal plaster/glue.

post-17039-0-26544300-1325826752_thumb.j

hi bros, i noticed the led driver that comes with the 24 led and 36 led kit is the same. does this mean that the output light for both is the same? basically the 24 led is brighter and 36 led runs dimmer but since you have more leds on the 36 led kit the effective output is same as the 24 led kit?

hey bros, good question there bro lauter.... hmmm not a electrical expert.. cant help answer u that question.hehe! as for the lenses... it will be bright to the sides too but its tolerable for me. not much of an issue. own preference i guess. you can get a reflector and fix it to the heat sink to cover the sides. the dimming feature is just for you to adjust the lights to your own liking IMO. i tweaked mine for a few times when i first got it. after that i just left it as it is. my LEDs are running with two independant timers to control the Royal blue and white LEDs different on and off timings.

FYI, just an update, my LEDs are still not running at full power. just happy as it is now. corallines are growing fast, my zoas are giving better colours and everything looks good. Pratically no heat is generated. I think the fan is like redundant... but gonna leave it as it is.(lazy to dismantle it from the unit). Still monitoring the drivers though. other than that, still no issues

oh and about getting it locally, tried to find... so far no LFS bringing in...yet. the shipping is quite a chunk of the whole cost. :unsure: but oklah... Items came in one piece and im happy with the product.