BIOHOME

fangtooth

• SRC Member

I dun believe that a media that big will make water clearer. Fact that water is blur is mostly due to food particles, micro particles or algae. These particles cannot be absorbed by these media. I believe you owe the clearity of your water to good sponge, polyfilter or activated carbon.

I'm not dissing the product though. I also use it in my canister. Controlling nitrate? Last I measured, it still went up. Not fast as before though but it still went up.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
think diff ppls got diff result..

maybe it's because of where you place it and how u mentain it..

why not tell us where u place it e.g. in sump, under water and never been contact with air.. etc..

I tot I mentioned in my canister.. :lol:

& I believe neutronics is also using a canister.

Quote:"I've been using those eheim substrate and ceramic rings for three years in my eheim canister ..."

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

I tot I mentioned in my canister.. :lol:

& I believe neutronics is also using a canister.

Quote:"I've been using those eheim substrate and ceramic rings for three years in my eheim canister ..."

Yes confirm in canister. They are placed in the upper compartment which is the last part of filtration before the water returns back to tank. Particle filtration is still needed before making the water pass through Biohome media in the lower compartment or else the minute pores of Biohome may get clogged up by dirt and render it useless over time.

As stated before, this product needs time (perhaps 1 year or more) to be verified on whether or not nitrate can be maintained and sustained at low level with a reasonably stocked tank. Perhaps anaerobic bacteria needs more time to multiply and colonise the so-called millions of specially created "anaerobic zones" in the media.

I'll keep everyone informed if this product turns out to be a piece of hyped-up junk. :P:(:angry:

Oh yeah, the media looks ugly, both the red and the grey ones. :cry: But no one is going to look into my canister anyway. :P

How about other reefers who are trying this product currently? Please come forward and share. Negative or positive experience. I am as curious as everyone. :erm:

Biohome does best in managing nitrite traces but not nitrates. The anaerobic bacteria needed for nitrate breakdown exist in limited quanitity. However, overtime, it does remove some nitrates but don't be too dependent on it. Best and most straight-forward is still to do your regular water change.

Biohome does best in managing nitrite traces but not nitrates. The anaerobic bacteria needed for nitrate breakdown exist in limited quanitity. However, overtime, it does remove some nitrates but don't be too dependent on it. Best and most straight-forward is still to do your regular water change.

Agreed. Have 2 bags in my sump..they don't seem to be doing anything. <_<

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/