DIY on my used tank

spkentchai

• SRC Member

Just received my tank from Sg Bros....must say that they really done a fantastic job...mobilized 7 person to dismantle and fix up tank...the fee paid is really nominal....

I'm going to change the outlook of this tank slightly to make it nicer and suit my house colour scheme....

IMG_8987.jpg

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

• SRC Member

how r u doing it? Relaminate? Interested to know more

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last week bought the wrong colour Formica...today went to order again....so still have to hang on for updates.... :poster_oops:

Are you going to tear out the old and lay new or just over lay it?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Whoa... u carpenter or something?? Looks pro.. wondering how u did the sides.. Cos laminate should be done with surface horizontally?

Nicely done!

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

wow very nice. :goodjob: Bro u going to put the chiller inside the cabinet? Then better do some changes to the door, if not the hot air from the chiller cannot escape.

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member
Whoa... u carpenter or something?? Looks pro.. wondering how u did the sides.. Cos laminate should be done with surface horizontally?

Haha....not pro lah...just that I paid some $$ last time n learned some tips....

The side of the door n frame can use a strip to paste over...I tried laminate last time, not very hardy....and Formica is not ex....1 standard 4x8ft $14 cheapest type

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

• SRC Member

wow very nice. :goodjob: Bro u going to put the chiller inside the cabinet? Then better do some changes to the door, if not the hot air from the chiller cannot escape.

Ya....need to do that..i remove the back of the cabinet....to have slight air flow...may need to do more to the front cabinet door......add louver....maybe

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

Bro, bought from a wood making shop in Jalan Besar...good variety of wood DIY materials

Any address? I may want to get some woody thingy there.

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Bro, bought from a wood making shop in Jalan Besar...good variety of wood DIY materials

Next to that place there is coffee shop selling famous laksa

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices