Need advice,is it possible sump tank to my Dymax IQ5

• SRC Member

As above need all dear friends' advice is it possible to make a sump tank to my IQ5?

Intend to put BM NAC Skimmer and Bio-pellet reactor inside, and also I got one set of Resun CL-85 chiller?

Unfortunately, wife not allow to increase tank. They nvr understand US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Only can maximize my imagination on dis dame small IQ5.

Any friend can help me?

You can get tunze overflow box, but I guess it may take alot of your iq5, why dun you increase to 1.5 ft or 2 ft, it just a bit differnce in length, anyway, I have a 1 ft sump for sale and a teco TR10 , and a deltec MCE 600 decom from my 2 ft , let me know if you need any thing. with overflow box, you can adjust the height a bit . My overflow box just sold

• SRC Member

You may have to drill the IQ5 to hook up to a sump tank. After which, it is moded & no longer original.

Option 1:

Drill the IQ5 and hook up to sump tank.

Option 2:

Sell the IQ5 in its original state, & get a proper tank + sump setup.

Unfortunately, wife not allow to increase tank. They nvr understand US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Only can maximize my imagination on dis dame small IQ5. Any friend can help me?

Very simple and effective solution : Put your feet down Whos the Boss ?

Ok , Ok, a less confrontative way, buy a new tank c/w sump, when the Queen is away. After that, all hell break loose, but its too late for her to do anything. Be prepared to sleep alone, though.

See, the real problem is not the tank, but authority. ( learn it from Dog Whisper )

Good luck, pal. Do note that it can be a dangerous encounter. Hell hath no furry,like a woman scorned.

cheers

• Like 1