Irritating green dust algae

• SRC Member

After battling diatoms for 3 months ,next come mr green dust algae nicely covering my glass wall to the point I need to scrape it off everyday . I understand a new tank would face such algae problem till the tank mature, I also know that it is not good to have your hands in the tank all the time specially for small tank like mine.

I research in the web that green dust will just float in water after scrape and it will just stick back the wall again .i also came across something like leave it for 21 days till it get thicker and mature so that it will eventually die off.

Anyone out there have any suggestion or tips b4 i try the 21 days? I dont want to have problems viewing my coral and fish for 21 days for nothing .

After battling diatoms for 3 months ,next come mr green dust algae nicely covering my glass wall to the point I need to scrape it off everyday . I understand a new tank would face such algae problem till the tank mature, I also know that it is not good to have your hands in the tank all the time specially for small tank like mine.

I research in the web that green dust will just float in water after scrape and it will just stick back the wall again .i also came across something like leave it for 21 days till it get thicker and mature so that it will eventually die off.

Anyone out there have any suggestion or tips b4 i try the 21 days? I dont want to have problems viewing my coral and fish for 21 days for nothing .

Bro,

You have to accept that there is no perfect world out there... if you are not willing to wait or cannot tahan for the life cycle of the GDA... then

use the algae cleaner to scrap off the dust or you take out your fish and watch in other tank.... :heh:

fts-022012.JPG

• SRC Member

Bro,

You have to accept that there is no perfect world out there... if you are not willing to wait or cannot tahan for the life cycle of the GDA... then

use the algae cleaner to scrap off the dust or you take out your fish and watch in other tank.... :heh:

Thanks for the help I guess bro

• SRC Member

Someone invented magnetic glass cleaner for you and the likes. :idea:

I am still using it for the past years, everyday. :agreed:

We cannot tahan for 2 days not looking at our reef, not to mention 21 days. Thats reef passion ! :yeah:

cheers

bigmike

Ya bro agreed , I cant looking at my tank when I at home , my wife thinks in crazy too