wat colours for a room

19percula

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Zen style...beware of clutter and children that prefers otherwise!

To create the resort atmosphere, you'll need indoor plants to give it that tropical feeling. Never, never use fake plants!!

Furniture - u into indonesian teak furniture? Good for tropical asian resort style and quite cheap if u noe where to look. If got money go get from B In**a. I drool for many years but only managed to buy 1 coffee table from there. Can oso try that resort shop (if its still there) at P**k M*** - nice, but with a price.

• SRC Member

actually i m trying to create a small coffee area near my window coz through the window can see seletar airbase and part of the sea and so i got a really antique half marble table and 2 chairs to go wif it and also the small coffee cup

want to get a really antique poster to go wif it to hang on the wall

wat do u prefer to have in the cosy corner?

1) bright colours bean bags wif a small carpet?

2) marble table (like wat i jaz said)

• SRC Member

Cozy corner to me would be a comfortable niche to rot in. I'm not sure if the antique marble table would be out of place there. If you're extending the antique look into the kitchen, then that would be a good place to put it, for those morning rush breakfast.

Do your windows reach all the way to the ground? That would be ideal cos u will still be able to see the view while sitting on the beanbag. If view is important then the coffee table is a good thing to have lor. Why don u post your floor plan? ;)

• SRC Member
my hall window is full length my not my room

both have great sea view

hall got 1 marble table liao

room got 1 small one

kitchen got 1 big one

my house got the look of one antique kopitiam wahahaa

I see - your cosy corner is in your room, which is not full length.

To create the a "corner", essential thing to do is to DEFINE that space. 3 aspects of an effective partition - floor space, wall space and air space. Define your floor space with a rug. Define your wall space with different wall colour, posters, or line with low cabinets (waist height if having floor seating). Defining air space is more or less optional and u can do this by using actual partitions - partiition cabinet, curtain of cloth or "retro" beads, or of course using fish tank!

And of course, lots of your favorite knick knacks within reach.

• SRC Member

thanks a lot mako u hae been a great help to me i jaz painted my room silver blue and my feature wall paradise blue

now my room looks kind of bright in the day and in the night look very romantic

will use yr idea to create a cosy corner

thanks a lot again