Energy efficient setups

ryanlio

• SRC Member

Do keep me posted..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

stand by ard 1watt, when running is ard 220-250 watt.

took ard 30min to chill from 27.5 to 27.0

post-2925-0-18024000-1345455975_thumb.jp

post-2925-0-37202800-1345455989_thumb.jp

Too many hobby......too little money!

• SRC Member
bro, very informative stuff! may i know where u bought that power meter?

http://sg.element14.com/pro-elec/eme-1/meter-power-multifunctional-uk/dp/1638714

Hope it helps..

• SRC Member

To hw33..

hmm.. just tested against my kdk fan.. consumption looks right there..

Any electrical experts on why differences occurs?..

• SRC Member

Today's addition..

post-3704-13454750941222_thumb.jpg

So far.. I've powered off my chiller for trials.. for the whole of today.. temperature is 27.8 average..hmm. I might relegate my chiller to kick in @28 for precautionary measures..

• SRC Member
Hi bro... So no chiller and temperature maintained at 27.8?? Does the lights contribute much to the heat load??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Am running maxspect razor.. I don't think it adds much if any heat. Home is usually breezy and lights are mounted above 1feet that has quite a bit of ventilation ..

I only have a pump in the sump plumbed submerged when stopped.. above water (for air cooling) when running. Then again.. my tesino pump doesn't run hot to the touch under usual operations.. I will guess the heat contributer probably comes from refugium lighting.. but then it's only a 9w Philip bulb..

• SRC Member

Then again.. I'm only growing lps.. n gsp.. just so not to mislead reefers ... I will believe still it's a choice and selection of livestock that eventually matters.. Sure I also envy others with super colorful sticks.. ha hahaaa..

• SRC Member
bro, can share with us the actual power consumption of your maxspect using that that power meter? i am very curious when they say 110 w LED if that is the actual power consumption. :-)

Sure.. @ 100% both channels..post-3704-13456387555005_thumb.jpg

151W..

BTW.. am using maxspect razor.. rated 160w.. not the 110w g2 maxspect. Hope it helps..

Sure.. @ 100% both channels..post-3704-13456387555005_thumb.jpg

151W..

BTW.. am using maxspect razor.. rated 160w.. not the 110w g2 maxspect. Hope it helps..

whoa thanks a lot bro! those LEDs are also blood suckers after all.. i am also using LEDs (DIY 3w x 54) but i think LED has the best energy efficiency already.

• SRC Member

Lautenbrunen,

Yes.. in terms of rated power consumed.. it's close to 5x39w t5.. but I felt the dimming effect gradually is interesting enough as I get to see the "mood" of the tank at various times of the night. Also, my tank is next to my window, I believe it gets enough sunlight in the day.. I'm running 100% for only 2 hours.. the rest of the times it gets dimmed towards 50%..