carbon

weiloong

For carbon usage, do i need to wash till the water does not turn black before placing it in the sump?

Yeah...more or less, so that the fine dust would not float around.

Choose good quality carbon to avoid leeching phosphates in the tank.

A good read on GAC.....

http://joejaworski.w...nk-need-carbon/

From this site it stated :

Filter the water mechanically before it reaches the carbon. Particles greater than 100 microns in size will take a toll on the life of the carbon.

Despite popular belief, carbon does not need to be placed in a canister filter or a compartment where all tank water passes through it. Dropping a mesh bag full of carbon into the sump works fine. This is because carbon works by electrically attracting particles- it is not an inert mechanical filter. Studies have shown that bags of carbon in a sump with moderate flow removes substantial quantities of organic pollutants, medications, and heavy metals. Actual performance depends on the flowability of the bag material. It is most effective if you use a media bag with the largest possible hole sizes but small enough where the carbon cannot escape.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member

Quite a number bro pm me on the Pura carbon. I purchase mine from C328 near to the koi's blue tub. Among the radom items. ...you hv to search among the piles. Thats the fun when you find ' gold' ..bingo