Tank infested with Ich.

• SRC Member

All my LS gonna die, including my Juvenile Wrasse. He is the last one still remaining, last man standing. But my Coral Banded Shrimp, seem to be okay?

So my question here is, do invertebrates get ich too? Or they can't get ich?

And do corals be affected with the arrival of Ich in tank system?

Sorry to hear about your loss, take it as a lesson learn to restart your tank. leave your tank fishless for at least 4 week till the ich cycle is over.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Member

I share your sentiments. My tank is on the 11weeks now. Corals, shrimps and crabs doing fine.

But fishes gets ich the very next day they are in the Tank. Used Garlic Extreme, Dr G's Food, fresh water dips, UV lighting, medicated filters and done numerous constant water changes.

Only my large Sail Fin Tang surviving the ich outbreak.

Will try quarantining the surviving few and leave the Tank fishless for awhile.

• SRC Member

leave it fishless for 2-4weeks. then build up coraline algae on rocks as much as possible. new fish QT them before going in DT 30mins quick dip on medication. before going in. if you're fowlr tank try go hypo salinity tank. ich wont be there i guess. if you're keeping mix tank. ich is not possible to avoid.

• 2 weeks later...

leave it fishless for 2-4weeks. then build up coraline algae on rocks as much as possible. new fish QT them before going in DT 30mins quick dip on medication. before going in. if you're fowlr tank try go hypo salinity tank. ich wont be there i guess. if you're keeping mix tank. ich is not possible to avoid.

Hi bro....if keep fishless for 2-4 weeks but with invert....still need to add medication to the tank or just leave it as it is?

I have a outbreak few weeks ago and 6-7 fishes dead.....left 5 fishes which I need not do anything to it but they still eating daily.....I not sure what to do as I have starfish and some shrimp in the same tank....

My plan is to shift the fishes to my 2ft tank and cure with copper leaving the invert in the DT. Just want to know what should I do to this DT while leaving it for 2-4 weeks fishless.

• SRC Member

just leave it fishless will do. ich only host on fish not inverts. catch all your fish out and copper them if you intend to. before going in display tank pls remove copper as copper will kill your inverts. always remember to QT your new fish at least 2weeks before going in display tank..

just leave it fishless will do. ich only host on fish not inverts. catch all your fish out and copper them if you intend to. before going in display tank pls remove copper as copper will kill your inverts. always remember to QT your new fish at least 2weeks before going in display tank..

Hi bro, if I transfer all my fishes from DT to QT and cure with copper, before transfer into DT after the curing period, you mention to remove copper from the fishes.

If this is the case, how can I remove the copper from the fishes?

Still a novice in this area and greatly appreciate your advice.

fish remain in QT, use either seachem solution which removes copper. cant rmb the name of the solution. or use carbon to remove it. for my way i use skimmer and activated carbon

CupriSorb Copper Remover shld be avai @ C328.. Cheers...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore