My 4G Office Pico

Firestarter

• SRC Member

Just like to share some info on the pros and cons of having an office tank.

Pros:

-No need for the use of chiller (aircon)

-No electric bills

-Free distilled water

Cons:

-No aircon during weekends

-No control of tank during weekends (blackout etc)

-Can't go on long leave (without colleague's help)

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Did a minor rescape yesterday.

Lost a very nice coloured mushroom give to me from a reefer that melted on me overnight. :cry: First LS death...!

A colleague asked 'whats that piece of rock doing there up there'.

Thought it was funny so I decided to take a FTS as the same time.

Cheers.

post-13947-0-14152700-1350374147_thumb.j

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

New week.. new updates!

Added more corals and some adjustments to the scape.

post-13947-0-02801600-1350883658_thumb.j

My mini mushroom corner.

post-13947-0-63366000-1350883699_thumb.j

post-13947-0-50106500-1350883723_thumb.j

Rest of the mushrooms are in the beta box, waiting to be released!

Last pic of my plate coral and green zoas.

post-13947-0-40089500-1350883739_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Some updates to my tank.

Changed my PL lightset to Aquazonic LED. Definitely better and brighter but I find that it is missing that blue tinge from the PL.

I also added had a new 'extension', a standalone frag tank for soft corals. I plan to convert my DT to keep more LPS corals.

post-13947-0-89932700-1352098080_thumb.j

The new tank, with all my mushroom frags.

post-13947-0-04465700-1352098097_thumb.j

Will rescape the main tank this week.

Just to add on the topic of pumps, I dropped by AquaMarin on Saturday and picked up a Skimz pump - the one they use for their larger iBox Nano. It's a variable flow pump that runs from 200-600L/Hr. I have it running at 400L/Hr in my OF Nano2 (24 litres)

Bro you have an ocean free nano2 is 34 litres.... can I check with you what kind of filter media are you using for the back compartment in terms of the order...I have one too... just curious to see what others are using...

• 5 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Nice tank bro. Do you mind sharing where you get such small specimens of corals and mushrooms by the piece?

You got to look around thoroughly. Some of them are leftovers which are overlooked amongst the normal specimens.

Others are frags from other reefers.

nice effort mate!

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.